Quantcast

Northeast Monkeyfest 2005

I Are Baboon said:
MtnBikerChk and I will get to town around 6:00 or so. We plan on eating dinner in town (Pub Outback perhaps). Maybe we'll eat with MMcG and his gf....maybe not if they get there at 10:00 PM. Crap, I don't know what the hell we're planning. We'll figure it out when we get there. :) (I have to work until 2:00 or so Friday)

For rides, I am thinking we do the "lower" trails on Saturday, since there are no time restrictions Saturday. Maybe Sunday we can do the Dead Moose Alley-Moose Alley-into town loop, since a lot of it is DH and some of us want to hit the road by 1:00 or so. Just a thought.

so anyone who wants to eat in a restaurant, with a/c (as opposed to cooking yourselves) pm IAB.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MtnBikerChk said:
the COOL people :evil:

how's pub outback one night and that pizza brewery joint the other? (plus, they are the only 2 restaurants I know :) )
We'll have to get to the brewery early Saturday (5:00-5:30 for dinner). It's small and doesn't have a lot of tables.

This sounds good to me. Mmmmm....bacon burger.....

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
MtnBikerChk said:
the COOL people :evil:

how's pub outback one night and that pizza brewery joint the other? (plus, they are the only 2 restaurants I know :) )
:stupid:

There's a place in Lyndonville right at the junction of 5 and 114 called the Chop House that has Trout River on tap. Their MENU doesn't look to bad.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Crazy Sweeper said:
let me just try to get this all straight:

friday am-hardcores show up for some crazy 20-30 mile riding.
friday pm-majority of people show up to start drinking and an afternoon ride
friday pm-dinner in town?
sat am-wake up drink beer sweeper cooks breakfast, then morning ride
sat aft- chill for lunch, then another ride
sat pm-in town for dinner?
sat night-some crazy late night drunken ride
sun am-sweeper cooks breakfast, and one last ride
sun post ride-pick up camp say goodbye, echo will cry because he'll miss everybody.

is that pretty much it?
I would add "swim in river behind Burke Mountain Sports" after each ride. :cool:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
berkshire_rider said:
I would add "swim in river behind Burke Mountain Sports" after each ride. :cool:

I rember last year on the long ride........the lead riders asked us in the back did we want to add a whole 1/4 mile of climbing to our 30 mile plus ride to go jump in the river/stream/whatever it is, we all said YES! (being it was so hot), but they decided to skip it anyway

:nuts:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
douglas said:
I rember last year on the long ride........the lead riders asked us in the back did we want to add a whole 1/4 mile of climbing to our 30 mile plus ride to go jump in the river/stream/whatever it is, we all said YES! (being it was so hot), but they decided to skip it anyway

:nuts:
Yeah, I was looking forward to a little swim and it never happened :confused:

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
douglas said:
I rember last year on the long ride........the lead riders asked us in the back did we want to add a whole 1/4 mile of climbing to our 30 mile plus ride to go jump in the river/stream/whatever it is, we all said YES! (being it was so hot), but they decided to skip it anyway :nuts:
Yeah, I was looking forward to a little swim and it never happened
I'm in for da swim!
We started Saturday and Sunday's rides from town and went for a swim in the river afterwards. Saturday it was pretty hot, and a couple of the guys in the group wanted to stop during the ride, so we waded around in the West Branch, just off the edge of the trail called West Branch.

The river felt great both days after a ride. :)

berkshire_rider said:
We started Saturday and Sunday's rides from town and went for a swim in the river afterwards. Saturday it was pretty hot, and a couple of the guys in the group wanted to stop during the ride, so we waded around in the West Branch, just off the edge of the trail called West Branch.

The river felt great both days after a ride. :)
I'm not going in there unless it's chlorinated.

NEGladeRider

Chimp
Apr 8, 2003
metheun,ma
Hi all I haven't posted in a long time so, for those who don't know I have some info. I sold my camp last fall so I'm no longer a burke regular. I sold it to the Boones, they run the cross country skiing operation in burke. They are great people and my camp is in a perfect location for them. The past few years I have not been going up to VT as much and the place was getting run down (turning into a money pit) so I sold it. I will be there this weekend for the festivities. I will have about 6-10 people with me. We have 2 sites reserved in the campground. I can't wait to see all of you! Some good times are about to be had! Their is also a new "legal" down hill trail from the top of burke that the locals got passed thought the state. The following was posted from "knight" a local on Eastsidefreeride.com .

"You may have heard of kingdom trails, 120 miles of buff xc single track in Burke VT. Well next time you come, or if you thought it too tame for you before, bring all your downhill gear. The newest trail, wear & tear comes from the top of burke mtn and is all tech single track. There is a paved road to the summit and shuttle-guide services available. Call 802 777 5778 or 467 8348 for shuttle "

So those of you that have downhill bikes, you might want to bring them. I should be at the campground around 7pm Friday night see ya then!!!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Friday:
Sunshine along with some passing clouds. High 81F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.

Friday night: A few clouds from time to time. Low 53F. Winds light and variable.
81 °F 53 °F

Saturday:
Sunny. Highs in the upper 70s and lows in the upper 40s.
77 °F 48 °F

Sunday:
Partly cloudy with a stray thunderstorm. Highs in the mid 70s and lows in the low 50s.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Not to shabby!

Looks like I'll be bringing my Rocky Mountain instead of my Titus. :( We have to take the wife's truck (I'm having car issues) and the Titus doesn't fit in it. Oh well. I'm faster on the Rocky Mountain.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
McGRP01 said:
Friday:
Sunshine along with some passing clouds. High 81F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.

Friday night: A few clouds from time to time. Low 53F. Winds light and variable.
81 °F 53 °F

Saturday:
Sunny. Highs in the upper 70s and lows in the upper 40s.
77 °F 48 °F

Sunday:
Partly cloudy with a stray thunderstorm. Highs in the mid 70s and lows in the low 50s.

I am liking those cool temps at night :thumb:

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
gotta love those stray thunderstorms.

hey treesaw, you have some form of heat for cooking? Thats like the only thing I can't provide.

There doesn't seem to be enough interest in the turkey so in the interest of saving space I'm not doing turkey. I think I'm gonna get more kabobs ready though. I remember- less onions, more mushrooms.

clrgrafix2

Chimp
Jul 21, 2005
Hey all. Im a ridemonkey newbie. I will be up at the kingdom trails with my wife and a couple buds. I ride with a guy named doug and he is leading us up there on friday night. I have a new black honda truck and we should be camping so I hope to see you all. I have a big yeti with 66rc so youll probably see me huffing up the hills. If you do come on up and say hi. :thumb: