Quantcast

Northeast Monkeyfest 2005

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
douglas said:
I did a night ride down moose alley w/my DH rig last year, but we camped at negliders place (which is at the trail head) and had a shuttle back up -

but this year, there's no way am I riding my DH rig from the camp site to negliders place
I brought my Freeride rig for Moose Alley and I don't think I needed it (especially for the climb back up).

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
anybody ever had The Shed before? It's a local VT brew, I believe the brewery is somewhere near stowe. If you're a dark beer drinker you'll probably like it. Good stuff, but I think you can only get it on tap. Wonder if I can get a quarter barrel...
Either that or I'll have a bottomless supply of magic hat.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Crazy Sweeper said:
anybody ever had The Shed before? It's a local VT brew, I believe the brewery is somewhere near stowe. If you're a dark beer drinker you'll probably like it. Good stuff, but I think you can only get it on tap. Wonder if I can get a quarter barrel...
Either that or I'll have a bottomless supply of magic hat.
Long Trail! Long Trail!!!! Long Trail!!!!! :thumb:

JerseyDave

monkey wrestler
Apr 9, 2002
Stowe, VT
If you're in Burke, just drint Trout river, It's darn good, better the vermontwiser (LT), and shed beer ain't where it's at either...ussually flat. Any brew pub where you have to ask the bartender what's good today before you order is prolly not the best choice. The alchemist in waterbury is making some of the best beer in the state, but they don't bottle....yet. Other suggestions would be Rock Art (small batches=fresh), otter creek makes some really nice organic beers, but they are on the larger side for "micro brews" The organic label is Wolvers, the Brown Ale is really good, as is the I.P.A., and the Oatmeal Stout was my fav. this winter. I hope this din't offend anyone.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
no offence dude. I haven't been home to Vt to drink the micro brews in a long time. I get so bored when I go home to see the folks that I don't spend much time there. I forgot about trout river, you're right about that. I remember shed tasting a little flat the first time my dad had me try it, but that was the only time. We'll have to raid a store, and create a VT sampler pack for all the monkeys.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Wierd, I think that LT's IPA is one of the better (ie; hoppier) IPA's I've tried? I second the call on the Wolavers, although I've only had the Brown. As for Otter Creek in general, their Stove Pipe Porter is one of my all-time favs.! Their spring Mud Boch is kick-ass as well!! How about Catamount out of White River Jct., are they still around?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Crazy Sweeper said:
am I gonna be ok riding my haro x.1 there? Or is this something I'll want a DH rig for?

Actually your X.1 will be more than enough bike for the kingdom trails - in fact bring that and your sweet old school Titanium John Tomac Raleigh if you still have it (man I love that old bike of yours - so friggin light!).

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
No I don't have that bike anymore dude. It was too big for me, so I sold it to a buddy of mine so he could start riding. I'm glad he's riding now but it's kind of funny at the same time. he weighs like 350 and the fork on that bike is just as old as the frame, its only like 2 inches of travel, so needless to say he bottoms out constantly, but he doesn't have any money so there isn't much he can do, until he looses some serious weight.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Just spoke with RJ. I've got #11 reserved, not #15. :confused:

I will no longer be able to shoot bottle rockets across the road at douglas and berkshire. :(

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
BikeGeek said:
Just spoke with RJ. I've got #11 reserved, not #15. :confused:

I will no longer be able to shoot bottle rockets across the road at douglas and berkshire. :(
No worries, c'mon up and join me at #14 as I lob empty beer bottles at them right over whoever is unfortunate enough to be camped in #16. :sneaky:

Sticky! Sticky!! Sticky!!! :thumb:

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
McGRP01 said:
No worries, c'mon up and join me at #14 as I lob empty beer bottles at them right over whoever is unfortunate enough to be camped in #16. :sneaky:

Sticky! Sticky!! Sticky!!! :thumb:
Why #16? Why do you need to be such a hater? I don't even know you. Help I'm being opressed!!!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikeGeek
Just spoke with RJ. I've got #11 reserved, not #15.

I will no longer be able to shoot bottle rockets across the road at douglas and berkshire.

McGRP01 said:

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
berkshire_rider said:
:stupid:

Maybe Doug and I will have to bring some Coors and Piels bottles just to lob back at you. :sneaky: :evil:
Does that swill still come in bottles? I figured they'd be selling it in paper "milk" cartons by now.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Updated attendance list, definites:

myself
MtnBikerChk
MMcG and girlfriend
BikeGeek
McGRP01
Douglas
Echo (with other Jackalopes?)
Crazy Sweeper
JBP
Pigboy
jdcamb
berkshire rider
TreeSaw
splat

I am sure I'm forgetting people...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Updated attendance list, definites:

myself
MtnBikerChk
MMcG and girlfriend
BikeGeek
McGRP01
Douglas
Echo (with other Jackalopes?)
Crazy Sweeper
JBP
Pigboy
jdcamb
berkshire rider
TreeSaw
splat

I am sure I'm forgetting people...
Don't forget Jerseydave

:snicker: :snicker:

JerseyDave

monkey wrestler
Apr 9, 2002
Stowe, VT
Dude, I'm SOOO there. Can't wait really. I'm gone for 2 weeks, come back, and you guys are still talking about me in this thread. I'm flattered.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BikeGeek said:
I don't see your name on that list either tough guy.
I'll be in Maine for that weekend.

It was the only weekend the cottage I wanted to rent was available.

splat

Nam I am
In-Law issues ! MY in-laws are having a 50th anniversary Party , so far the dates they have picked 1st conflicted with Dalton! ( this one was a tough fight , but I stood my ground I refused to give that one up ) next Mother in-law picks The same weekend as Pedro's fest ! ( wife stood up to her on that one ,) then Wife tells he can't be on Pats Peak or Her tri-athalon now Mother in-law is talking about 4 th of July ( which I am Lobbing for ) or MF weekend :( and I can only push back so many times , but I might be able to make a day trip up from New London for some riding :thumb:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Looks like I've got site #14 to myself if anyone else still needs a place to crash.

So far... (from posts in this thread)

BikeGeek - Site #11
McGRP01 - Site #14
Crazy Sweeper - Site #16
bershire_rider & Douglas - Site #17