Quantcast

Northeast Monkeyfest 2009

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Once again Monkeyfest ruled!!

The KT folks heard about monkeyfest so they decided to open the Entire trail system!!! (I think for the 1st time since June). I hit all 3 moose's and J-bar, twice each!

Plus the new kitchel is SICK!!! I destroyed my newish tubeless Python on it, but thankfully that was the last run of the w/e.

*sorry I didn't find you guys after today's ride to say bye!*

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Glad to see familiar faces again, and meet new people, mainly JBP and his mustache. Awesome trails, awesome food, awesome people and awesome beer (no thanks to Mr. Bishop ;)). It's so refreshing to ride a completely different style of trail for a few days to break up the monotonous weekly post-work mini loops. I wish I had taken some pics, but I was having way too much fun just riding I didn't want to stop.

And to Phil/Narlus - I stayed up past 11:00 both Fri and Sat night AND didn't listen to any crabcore music!

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
I'm tired, I'm sore, and I feel great.

I don't think I've ever logged so many trail miles in a weekend. That was fantastic, thanks everyone.
Extra big thanks to Joe and Greg for the shoe loanage. You saved my weekend.

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
i'll vouch for DHRFXJoe... no crabcore music and he did stay up late. it was a good time! got to meet some new people, nice to put faces with screen names. rode some new trails but nothing crazy for me. looking forward to the fall Monkey fest. and Mr. Bishop learned an important lesson this weekend too, quality over quantity. but he did bring some nice goodies for us so we forgave him but not after giving him some grief!! it was all in good fun!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Nothing was solidly discussed but it was looking like October.
The first weekend is NEMBAFEST @ Bear Brook so that may be a conflict for some. Maybe the second or third weekend in October? Anyone have schedule issues?
Well like I always say, trying to pick a weekend that works for everyone is impossible. We need to just pick a weekend and run with it. Whoever can make it, great. Wife and I do already have plans for two weekends in October, so we'll cross our fingers that a Fall gathering fits into our schedule.