Quantcast

Northeast Monkeyfest 2009

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
You should have seen what I had to do to find out IAB's real name.:dead:

I never thought I'd see a jar of mayo, a snow shovel, a spool of yarn and a lighter get used together like that.

irishblue76

Monkey
Jul 21, 2008
Massachusetts
First, let me say that there are a few of us who are supposed to go Great Glen, too... so, I am just putting it out there that July would be preferable for me & Mark. That said, I know it'll never be perfect for everyone's schedules, so I guess I'll just have to deal if July doesn't happen.

The thing is, vacation time in my group is a first-come, first served system. If I don't get planning early I may not be able to take the time.
I also have a group where vaca time is 1st come/1st serve, so the earlier the better for me as well.

Meh, we all know each other by now. Let the Monkeyfest newbies figure it out on their own. It'll be a good initiation for them. We could test them. Get a name wrong, chug a beer.

:happydance:
I didn't know anyone before last year's monkeyfest - now that I think about it, no one seemed to care that I didn't know their names. Especially with the massive amounts of alcoholic beverages consumed during that weekend, I'm surprised I even recognized any of you afterward! (Ahem, IAB)

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Every year i tell myself that I have to get to the kigdom trails. This summer is the time to go,and what better way to go then during MonkeyFest!!!!! I'm looking forward to it

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I was kind of hoping it would be the first weekend in August again. The traditional last-weekend of July is out for me. The Troegs band is playing in a battle of the brewery bands hosted by Stoudts and I've been tapped to sing and play tin whistle for
That weekend's usually better for us too. I asked for the availability for all of July and August so we'll see what he comes back with.

irishblue76

Monkey
Jul 21, 2008
Massachusetts
I was kind of hoping it would be the first weekend in August again. The traditional last-weekend of July is out for me. The Troegs band is playing in a battle of the brewery bands hosted by Stoudts and I've been tapped to sing and play tin whistle for
Unfortunately, I think 24HofGG is the first weekend of August... but as I said before, if we have to miss this MF I guess we'll jsut have to suffer. Too bad we had to miss fall MF last year too!

BTW, BikeGeek, correct me if I'm wrong, but I met you at spring MF last year, didn't I? I didn't know you played the tin whistle... maybe you could bring it to MF too???? We could have a little MF jam session!

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
BTW, BikeGeek, correct me if I'm wrong, but I met you at spring MF last year, didn't I? I didn't know you played the tin whistle... maybe you could bring it to MF too???? We could have a little MF jam session!
August, I believe. No one really knew I played until my sister blabbed to some guys at the brewery and they stuck me onstage for Poi Dog Pondering's
at last year's BotBB.

Greggah

Motorboat
Oct 9, 2008
Gonic, NH
I thought I remember reading something about a spring and fall MF.

Im on vaca with the family the first week of August.

I was really hoping to make it this year.

irishblue76

Monkey
Jul 21, 2008
Massachusetts
Yeah, we usually end up doing 2 of them. Hopefully you'll be able to make it to one of them...it's definitely a good time.
Geeze, I never even realized that MF 2008 & 24HoGG were only one week apart last year... really? Wow - I can't believe I did them both! I still can't believe that I did two trips like that in a row - something doesn't seem right. Oh well, I guess, I really lucked out on the dates!

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
I'm in! Right now my only commitment is 24 Hours of Great Glen which is August 8-9 so any other weekend is fine with me. Oh and I might PA Jul 11-12.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Geeze, I never even realized that MF 2008 & 24HoGG were only one week apart last year... really? Wow - I can't believe I did them both! I still can't believe that I did two trips like that in a row - something doesn't seem right. Oh well, I guess, I really lucked out on the dates!
Last year there was a week in between them...they weren't back to back. I was referring to 2 monkeyfests (summer & fall) :busted:

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
Last year there was a week in between them...they weren't back to back. I was referring to 2 monkeyfests (summer & fall) :busted:
Yea, they were back to back last year. It went Bikefest July 25-27, MF Aug 1-3, and 24 HoGG Aug 8-10.

Please make sure that MF doesn't collide with Bikefest or GG.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I think TreeSaw just needs to pick a weekend based on lodge availability and roll with it. No matter what the dates are, some people are going to have scheduling conflicts. MBC and I are going to miss it if it lands on a certain weekend, but you can't please everyone.

irishblue76

Monkey
Jul 21, 2008
Massachusetts
Sorry - I was only thinking out loud with the post above... I traveled so much last year I guess I didn't realize all the stuff I was doing!

Yea, they were back to back last year. It went Bikefest July 25-27, MF Aug 1-3, and 24 HoGG Aug 8-10.

And, again, my brain no work right - GG is the 2nd weekend of Aug isn't it? Thanks Woodsguy - I totally forgot... was thinking 1st.

I think TreeSaw just needs to pick a weekend based on lodge availability and roll with it. No matter what the dates are, some people are going to have scheduling conflicts. MBC and I are going to miss it if it lands on a certain weekend, but you can't please everyone.
Also, I totally agree with you too, IAB - I have no delusions that we are going to find the perfect weekend where no one has any commitments and everyone is available for MF... and I know TreeSaw does a lot of work to make this happen every year. :clapping:

in the trees

Turbo Monkey
May 19, 2003
NH
I may be in for a day of riding this year. A donation of a case of beer and I'm in, right?:biggrin:

toby