Quantcast

Northeast Monkeyfest 2009

skiierx

Chimp
Aug 23, 2007
Well, do not plan this around Kendafest, it is cancelled as of right now for 2009. I got an email from Kenda and all that was said was that they are aiming for 2010 for the next festival.

I am interested in joining up with this years fest but will most likely not be able to go if it is July 24-26, that is the date for the New England BBQ championships at the Harpoon Brewery in Windsor, VT that our BBQ competes in every year. I know a few others that will most likely go as well.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Well, do not plan this around Kendafest, it is cancelled as of right now for 2009. I got an email from Kenda and all that was said was that they are aiming for 2010 for the next festival.

I am interested in joining up with this years fest but will most likely not be able to go if it is July 24-26, that is the date for the New England BBQ championships at the Harpoon Brewery in Windsor, VT that our BBQ competes in every year. I know a few others that will most likely go as well.
It definitely won't be that weekend....my sister's wedding (that I am in) is the 25th. I heard the same of Kendafest too :( I will follow-up with the lodge again so we can nail down some dates.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
I could look later in August if that's better for everyone. Early July I have a race & a wedding so there are 2 weekends that are bad for us. I'd hate to have Monkeyfest without the usual offenders ;) Perhaps a July 4th long weekend and we make it a 3 day festival?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I could look later in August if that's better for everyone. Early July I have a race & a wedding so there are 2 weekends that are bad for us. I'd hate to have Monkeyfest without the usual offenders ;) Perhaps a July 4th long weekend and we make it a 3 day festival?
Like I said before, no matter what weekend it is, someone's going to miss it. I'd hate for that to be us, but if it is, so be it.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I might start training for SMF09 after work today to make sure I'm fit enough to keep up with the veterans, I don't want a repeat of last fall.

Question is, what do I train with? IPAs or Porters? :)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Once I was at a bike event... I had the brilliant idea to start off by drinking an entire 6'er of Victory Golden Monkey. I'm no lightweight (I was even less of a lightweight then), but that was a hell of a way to start the night. According to some of my friends I passed the point of slurred speech and started speaking in tongues.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
My first ride at the Kingdom Trails was at MF, at night, ~25deg, 1/2 powered lights, in the leaves and completely hammered from many a beer and bourbon.

Ahhh that was fun...

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st!

.....or August 15th. Just not the 8th. :)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
So what's the latest, Mama Monkey?
Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st! Au..gust 1st!

.....or August 15th. Just not the 8th. :)
It's looking like the weekend of August 15th. I am going to call to confirm with the Lodge at lunch today (or afterschool if I can't get him on the phone), so we should know by tomorrow.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
It's looking like the weekend of August 15th. I am going to call to confirm with the Lodge at lunch today (or afterschool if I can't get him on the phone), so we should know by tomorrow.
Bummer...:( Becky and I are planning on being in Vermont for a week starting that weekend but over on Lake Champlain, not really anywhere near E. Burke.