Quantcast

Northeast Monkeyfest 2009

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
Now as much fun as all this sounds, and I did take off that weekend with intentions of hitting the Ocean City, Maryland beach coastline all that weekend, Northeast Monkey Fest, judging by what I've read, in New Hampshire, sounds more like Northpole East monkey fest to me. As much fun as I'm sure it would be to ride by day and get loaded with you people by night, that would mean taking my bike apart, trusting Southwest Airlines to get it there without cracking or breaking something, lodging, etc, in other words, a TON of money. So my next question would be, is there any Monkey Fest near Maryland any time soon? I mean I hear the riding up there is great, but flying to ride somewhere for a weekend, I'm the only one hardcore enough around here to do it. Not one of my freinds is into mountain biking that much like I am. Are there any monkey fests near MY area or am I just stuck to the Patapsaco State Park, with rangers that tear down jumps the day after you build them late at night with a shovel and a flash light in your mouth. Not that I'm saying I do that, because as we all know, that would be illegal in a National State Park of course.

Greggah

Motorboat
Oct 9, 2008
Gonic, NH
Now as much fun as all this sounds, and I did take off that weekend with intentions of hitting the Ocean City, Maryland beach coastline all that weekend, Northeast Monkey Fest, judging by what I've read, in New Hampshire, sounds more like Northpole East monkey fest to me. As much fun as I'm sure it would be to ride by day and get loaded with you people by night, that would mean taking my bike apart, trusting Southwest Airlines to get it there without cracking or breaking something, lodging, etc, in other words, a TON of money. So my next question would be, is there any Monkey Fest near Maryland any time soon? I mean I hear the riding up there is great, but flying to ride somewhere for a weekend, I'm the only one hardcore enough around here to do it. Not one of my freinds is into mountain biking that much like I am. Are there any monkey fests near MY area or am I just stuck to the Patapsaco State Park, with rangers that tear down jumps the day after you build them late at night with a shovel and a flash light in your mouth. Not that I'm saying I do that, because as we all know, that would be illegal in a National State Park of course.

What would it be, maybe an 8 hour drive.....not worth flying.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
So does anyone have word on the final date? If it's the 15th I can't make it as I will be in China and Tibet from about the 14th-30th. Vacation to China ain't so bad, but I would really miss Monkeyfest and the Kingdom trails, which is my favorite place to ride.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Oh NO! People are dropping like flies!

We are confirmed for August 14-16th. Please confirm if you are IN now so I know whether or not to keep the reservation.

So far as of 7/19:
TreeSaw & Sq-Earl
QuoFan & Big T
Deyv & Isa
JBP
Herb
maddog17 (+2?)
06epic
MountainDrew
DHRFX Joe
Mr Bishop (+1-2?)
Woody
Sandwich
Douglas (?)

Last edited:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
So does anyone have word on the final date? If it's the 15th I can't make it as I will be in China and Tibet from about the 14th-30th. Vacation to China ain't so bad, but I would really miss Monkeyfest and the Kingdom trails, which is my favorite place to ride.
:( There's always fall monkeyfest! Enjoy your trip.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Unfortunately, MBC and I are going to bail on Monkeyfest. I won't be riding until September, and even then it'll just be road. We'll aim for the Fall gathering.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Nocando. I based a couple of other trips on a presumed date for MF and now I've got a family conflict with no out. :( I'll shoot for Fall.

Mr.Bishop

King of Beers
Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
Is it too late to claim myself and 1 or 2 others? Way non-experienced... but I'll buy a couple of flats for the group in the name of live feedback?

HypNoTic

Man Whore
Aug 3, 2004
Montreal, Qc
Is it too late to claim myself and 1 or 2 others? Way non-experienced... but I'll buy a couple of flats for the group in the name of live feedback?
We're from Montreal too. If we share the ride to Burke, we can take the truck and split the gaz. If not, I'll take the car! Let me know if you need a lift. :)

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Theresa - pencil me in. Pretty sure I'm open that weekend. If I find out I can't make it for some reason I'll still gladly pay my portion of the rent.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
By the way, anyone DH monkeys interested in maybe hitting Bromont Sunday? It's about an hour from KT and worth hitting if you like fast, natural DH trails. Myself, Tim, James and Eamon did it last year and it was a great time. I'll most likely bring the DH bike too just in case. Only problem is getting over the border with just a license and BC......but luckily it's a 20min drive back to KT if you can't get through.

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
By the way, anyone DH monkeys interested in maybe hitting Bromont Sunday? It's about an hour from KT and worth hitting if you like fast, natural DH trails. Myself, Tim, James and Eamon did it last year and it was a great time. I'll most likely bring the DH bike too just in case. Only problem is getting over the border with just a license and BC......but luckily it's a 20min drive back to KT if you can't get through.
You need a passport to go to Canada now. Well, maybe not to go there but to get back in you do.