Quantcast

Northeast Monkeyfest 2016 - July 28-31 - Mt Ascutney, VT

Bunnista

Chimp
Jul 27, 2015
Hey T, I believe the Oak, Beech, and Aspen sites have parking areas large enough a camper, they say: large tent,leanto,trailer to 20.

I reserved a site solo to ensure we have enough sites near each other for everyone--I'm more than happy to share.

Hope you can make it! I plan on bringing Ruby dog.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Hey T, I believe the Oak, Beech, and Aspen sites have parking areas large enough a camper, they say: large tent,leanto,trailer to 20.

I reserved a site solo to ensure we have enough sites near each other for everyone--I'm more than happy to share.

Hope you can make it! I plan on bringing Ruby dog.
Thanks for the info. Sq-Earl & I actually checked out the map this weekend and noticed that too....those are the ones some monkeys have reserved already too. We will make a decision this week for sure.

D.2

Monkey
Jun 17, 2010
Medway, MA
Thanks for the info. Sq-Earl & I actually checked out the map this weekend and noticed that too....those are the ones some monkeys have reserved already too. We will make a decision this week for sure.
Aspen is certainly open for occupation by your camper. You better come! Monkeyfest isn't Monkeyfest without you!

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
EPIC MONKEYFEST NEWS!!!!!

Crombie and I are in for this years Monkeyfest. We booked campsite #19 so we're just across the road from Aspen. We're gonna camper it cause we're just plain lazy and don't feel like setting up tents :dirol:

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Not sure if we're organizing anything specifically around Brenda's birthday again this year, but we might find our way up to KT later on in the season. Will be sure to post it if we make plans.

What are people's thoughts on food for MF? Since we won't have the massive stove or a real kitchen, group meals are going to be a little difficult to plan unless somebody has a big portable grill. Brenda suggested big pre-prepared salads and grillable food.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
It seems there is a decent size Price Chopper grocery store in Windsor just about 10min from the campground. That will make it easy for everyone to pick up grill-able meats and such for meals instead of packing that type of stuff in coolers and hoping it doesn't spoil over several days. I'm guessing between all of us we have several small camping grills that we all can use communally for cooking our separate meals.

It seems there is a decent size Price Chopper grocery store in Windsor just about 10min from the campground. That will make it easy for everyone to pick up grill-able meats and such for meals instead of packing that type of stuff in coolers and hoping it doesn't spoil over several days. I'm guessing between all of us we have several small camping grills that we all can use communally for cooking our separate meals.
We can fight to the death over who gets to use the grille first.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
I will likely have a large grill/griddle unit from my neighbor (unless Earl buys one) so I could potentially do food for all again. I will confirm this weekend and post up details next week.

This...

Last edited:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Ok folks....I do have a large grill and would be happy to do some meals for the masses. I'm thinking a huge salad (kale and lettuce w/veggies) would pair nicely with some grilled meats (sausages, burgers, marinated chicken, pork tenderloin, you name it) and that would make for a great dinner one night (maybe thursday). We will have our camper so we do have a fridge and our generator is super quiet if we need to use it for an hour or two to recharge batteries, but everything in our camper runs on propane so it shouldn't be an issue

So, should I plan on cooking for everyone? I know Vero & Bunnista brought their own food last time, but I can try to accomodate as well. I could do breakfast on Friday, Saturday & Sunday; lunch on Friday & Satuday and dinner on Friday & Saturday. I could either do dinner on Thursday or we can potluck. You tell me....

Ok folks....I do have a large grill and would be happy to do some meals for the masses. I'm thinking a huge salad (kale and lettuce w/veggies) would pair nicely with some grilled meats (sausages, burgers, marinated chicken, pork tenderloin, you name it) and that would make for a great dinner one night (maybe thursday). We will have our camper so we do have a fridge and our generator is super quiet if we need to use it for an hour or two to recharge batteries, but everything in our camper runs on propane so it shouldn't be an issue

So, should I plan on cooking for everyone? I know Vero & Bunnista brought their own food last time, but I can try to accomodate as well. I could do breakfast on Friday, Saturday & Sunday; lunch on Friday & Satuday and dinner on Friday & Saturday. I could either do dinner on Thursday or we can potluck. You tell me....
I vote yowza! @Bunnista

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009

Mama monkey to the rescue once again!!!!! My vote for meals is as usual. No onions (if at all possible) and extra bacon on EVERYTHING.

BTW... you and Sq-earl are bring the camper? What site did you reserve? Crombie got camper site #19.

Bunnista

Chimp
Jul 27, 2015
Thanks Treesaw, I appreciate the offer of accommodation! :) But I'll just bring my usual sticks and rocks to eat, it'll be easier for all that way. Let me know if you want me to bring a pile of kale!

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Are there going to be any rides on Thursday during the day if the weather is good? Might be able to do this ride earlier in the day rather than Northfield.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Are there going to be any rides on Thursday during the day if the weather is good? Might be able to do this ride earlier in the day rather than Northfield.
There might be. I'm not sure what our departure time is going to be yet, but check-in at the campground is 3pm. If we get there early, we were talking about parking at the ski hill and going for a ride before getting checked in.

Last edited:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
There might be. I'm not sure what our departure time is going to be yet, but check-in at the campground is 3pm. If we get there early, we were talking about parking at the ski hill and going for a ride before getting checked in.
I'd be interested in a ride Thursday afternoon if so. Keep me posted.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
Riding at a ski hill? Sounds interesting... but please don't tell me it's like the climb at the ski hill from Monkeyfest '14

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
Yeah, it's the fucking godawful climb mostly through grass to ride down on... grass..
Ugh, I'm not sure Crombie and I would be up for a gruelfest climb up a ski hill. But we could be up for checking out some of the local trails before checking into the campground. We're staying with Treesaw tomorrow night so we'll only have a short couple hour drive up to VT and be following them up there.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
Brenda says that she'll be happy to suffer through it with you. Come on...it's called Mount Ascutney, what did you expect, paved bike path?
Oi... starting Monkeyfest off with a bang this year?!?!? I just don't want to burn up all our energy (and my knee) on the first day. You guys ride WAYYYYYY more often then we do here in the ROC. If it's not too bad then we can probably be talked into it.