Quantcast

Northeast Monkeyfest v4.0: 21-23 July 2006

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
ill be there. now its a matter of what bike ill want to bring. itll be between a special ed stumpy 120 or a rigid ss. im leaning toward the ss because that is what ill be racing xc on this season. hmmmmm..... i have an xc race on the 23rd and its a 4 hour drive so ill probably have to leave earlier in the morning to get there. oh well, it will at least be a fun-filled weekend!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
MMcG said:
Toady's and Kitchel and Webs - Oh My! :)
:drool:

Trout River Nitro Stout

Hanging with all you monkeys

:thumb: :dancing:

I'm in again for this year!! It'll be one of the few roadtrips I'm doing, but the riding (and company) is so good, how could I miss it?

:)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
McGRP01 said:

Trout River Nitro Stout

I'm in again for this year!! It'll be one of the few roadtrips I'm doing, but the riding (and company) is so good, how could I miss it?

The pizza at Trout River is also very :drool: worthy! :thumb:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
McGRP01 said:

Trout River Nitro Stout

Tigg, you coming w/ or w/o family?

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
Summit said:
Is there a western version of this?
not yet. form one if you would like. there is just a large concentration of monkeys in new england and we all like to ride together and be merry instead of being split up and boring.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
pigboy said:
pps. treesaw and earl need to buy a yak and bring the baby along on the trails. note: install 5 point harness and a helmet to protect the soft spot.
LOL!!! That would make the group ride an interesting adventure for sure! I have spoken to the grandparents and they are eager to have her all to themselves for the weekend...we're still not sure this is a good idea as they will continue to spoil her rotten!!!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
partsbara said:
is there any chance we could play

EDWARD 40 HANDS there ??
Only if you come on the nightride. We would have to do it with pitchers of Trout River Scotch Ale though.....

Summit

Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
here 'n there
gnurider1080 said:
not yet. form one if you would like. there is just a large concentration of monkeys in new england and we all like to ride together and be merry instead of being split up and boring.
Ahhh this explains a lot about RM...heh. Uptight easterners! ;)

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
I'm still in the air, if I don't have a real job after graduation I will probably make it. If I do get a job I'll be riding somewhere in the PNW hopefully.:cool:

jollytime

King of the Kingdom
Jul 1, 2003
Vermont
The Monkeyfest again falls on my wedding anniversary weekend, but I don't think we are heading out of town this year, so...I am in and am psyched to see everybody!!!

3 weeks till the Kingdom Trails open (weather permitting). The students at LSC should be getting geared up to do some trail work so there will no doubt be some new trails to sample!

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
I've never been before, but I'm hell bent on making it. I'm coming from the danbury CT area. PM me if anyone wants to carpool.

....I'm down for 40 hands, so long as it's malt liquor only. Beer 40s are grounds for teabagging.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Still not sure if I'm going to make it. Last year was good times, though.

I'll be in VT until I graduate at the end of May and then I come back about a week later for 3-4 weeks on the long trail...not sure how much Vermont I can handle.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I'd like to try to get up there to meet up with all of you monkeys so I am laying the ground work now... It will be a long drive!!! but maybe I can get Manhattanprjkt to go, and we can split the driving!!!

it sounds like a blast... any suggestions on a good campsite? or is there not a bad seat in the house?

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
is there some universal plan for where people are staying or is it just find your own place and everyone will meet at "blank?"

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
McGRP01 said:
Fixed that for you! ;)
LOL! Good catch :thumb:

Did anyone check on the larger place? That could be a fun place for all to stay...I can't remember who mentioned it on page 1 or 2 of this thread. I can certainly give them a call if everyone wants to stay there.

Edit: As posted by BikeGeek on page 2
Originally Posted by Tim at KTA
If looking for somewhere to stay: Algonquin Lodge (the old Grange Hall) right next to the ball field on Kingdom trails, has large living area can sleep 20 or so. Great deck, kitchen, like a nicely furnished hostel. reasonable rate. Contact John Desmond about rental. john_desmond@king-content.com
I just sent him an e-mail to see about price and availability. I'll let everyone know what I find out.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
TreeSaw said:
Did anyone check on the larger place? That could be a fun place for all to stay...I can't remember who mentioned it on page 1 or 2 of this thread. I can certainly give them a call if everyone wants to stay there.

Edit: As posted by BikeGeek on page 2

I just sent him an e-mail to see about price and availability. I'll let evreyone know what I find out.
I was just thinking about that as well. Good call! :thumb:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Ok - I just got an e-mail back from the owner of the Algonquin Lodge. It is available for the weekend of July 21st and can sleep 20 inside. It has 2 full baths and a full kitchen and a pool table in the basement. I have an e-mail in to find out if we can add people on cots/sleeping bags too. Not sure about the cost for the weekend...he asked me to suggest a group price :eek:

Any thoughts?

If people are interested in staying...I may even be willing to do some cooking for the group and make it a package deal.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
TreeSaw said:
Ok - I just got an e-mail back from the owner of the Algonquin Lodge. It is available for the weekend of July 21st and can sleep 20 inside. It has 2 full baths and a full kitchen and a pool table in the basement. I have an e-mail in to find out if we can add people on cots/sleeping bags too. Not sure about the cost for the weekend...he asked me to suggest a group price :eek:

Any thoughts?

If people are interested in staying...I may even be willing to do some cooking for the group and make it a package deal.
T, does he have a website? Where is this place in relation to the Pub Outback/downtown area? Trail access? I'm in for sure, just curious...

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
I am super iffy about if I'll be able to attend, it all depends on if/when/where I will have a job this summer. Somebody save room in a tent for me perhaps....hell I'll sleep in my car with my bike if I decide to go last minute:)

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
TreeSaw said:

Any thoughts?

Says $400/night here. That's only $20/night each with 20 people.

jollytime

King of the Kingdom
Jul 1, 2003
Vermont
McGRP01 said:
T, does he have a website? Where is this place in relation to the Pub Outback/downtown area? Trail access? I'm in for sure, just curious...
The place is about 1/2 mile from the Pub Outback and there are trails out the back door that take you right to the Bike shop.

Here are directions: from the bikeshop head North on 114 towards Burke Mountain. Go around the corner and the place is on the Left(before the town park). It is a GREAT location!

I don't think he has a website....

Trails open in 19 days!!! Yeah!!!!