Quantcast

Northeast Monkeyfest v4.0: 21-23 July 2006

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
johnbryanpeters said:
It's across from the baseball field just north of town.

jollytime said:
The place is about 1/2 mile from the Pub Outback and there are trails out the back door that take you right to the Bike shop.

Here are directions: from the bikeshop head North on 114 towards Burke Mountain. Go around the corner and the place is on the Left(before the town park). It is a GREAT location!

I don't think he has a website....

Trails open in 19 days!!! Yeah!!!!
Thanks JT and JBP!! :)

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
BikeGeek said:
Says $400/night here. That's only $20/night each with 20 people.

sounds good to me. seeing as how id probably be heading up by myself i dont think id be able to get my own campsite because im only 17.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Yeah but does that place allow the same high levels of drunken absurdity that you can get at a campsite...not to mention the fantastic mix of alcohol and open flames that should occur on a campsite?:rolleyes:

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
GumbaFish said:
Yeah but does that place allow the same high levels of drunken absurdity that you can get at a campsite...not to mention the fantastic mix of alcohol and open flames that should occur on a campsite?:rolleyes:
we could always just mutiny and take over the condo. yarrrr......

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
GumbaFish said:
:think: Not sure about the open flames, but I think we can manage the drunken absurdity ;)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Ok...I am working with the lodge guy on price and getting lots of questions answered. If anyone has specific questions let me know and I will post up answers.

Lodge count thus far (I will continue updating as needed):
TreeSaw & Sq-Earl
Douglas
berkshire_rider
BikeGeek
McGrp01
gnurider1080
w00dy
johnbryanpeters

Updated: 4-14-06

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
I'm starting to work out summer plans and would be interested in joining the festivities. I'd be up for the lodge as well. Should know for sure in a couple days.

brungeman - you guys from Steeltown would probably be heading up 79 to 90 I'd guess. If you cut it off and take 17/86 across NY, you could crash at my place before heading on to the Monkeyfest. Just offering that up as an option even if I can't fit the trip in myself.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Mike B. said:
I'm starting to work out summer plans and would be interested in joining the festivities. I'd be up for the lodge as well. Should know for sure in a couple days.

brungeman - you guys from Steeltown would probably be heading up 79 to 90 I'd guess. If you cut it off and take 17/86 across NY, you could crash at my place before heading on to the Monkeyfest. Just offering that up as an option even if I can't fit the trip in myself.
that is a great offer... are you over by Ellicotteville? (sp) My sister is living over in Endwell NY but I would probably rather stay with you:rofl:

that is a great option though... thanks for the offer... I love 17/86 since they made it wider and detoured it around all the little towns etc.

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
brungeman said:
that is a great offer... are you over by Ellicotteville? (sp) My sister is living over in Endwell NY but I would probably rather stay with you:rofl:

that is a great option though... thanks for the offer... I love 17/86 since they made it wider and detoured it around all the little towns etc.
I'm east of Ellicottville, right between Corning and Elmira.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Mike B. said:
I'm east of Ellicottville, right between Corning and Elmira.
gotcha... I vaguely remember when 17 went through Corning as a divided road? separated by a city block? and the McD's that was there briged both blocks? It was sooo long ago but for some reason I think I am remembering it like that!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
TreeSaw said:
Not sure...I will check and see. He quoted me a price of $800 for the weekend and asked if that was do-able.
The lean-to sites at the campground are $20/day, so I don't see why this wouldn't be do-able. Hell, I'll kick in more if it guarantees me a bed and first dibs on a shower. :p Even if we got ten people that were willing to pay $40, it would be cheaper than that fancy-schmancy place MMcG & Babs like to stay at. ;)

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Bah who needs a bed, I just need a surface to sleep on that isn't wet. By the way what kind of trails are there anyways, I'd imagine pretty much like xc singletrack with nothing too techincal.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
sirknight6 said:
I may be able to make it..not sure....possible car pool?
Sure. I'm pretty sure I can get 3 bikes on the roof (unless I get longer bars before MF, then I'd have room for 4). Peter has first refusal on a seat since I offered one to him a while back, but I still have room for another bike. :)

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
BikeGeek said:
Sure. I'm pretty sure I can get 3 bikes on the roof (unless I get longer bars before MF, then I'd have room for 4). Peter has first refusal on a seat since I offered one to him a while back, but I still have room for another bike. :)

Thanks.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Lodge count thus far (I will continue updating as needed):
TreeSaw & Sq-Earl
Douglas
berkshire_rider
BikeGeek
McGrp01
gnurider1080
w00dy
johnbryanpeters
Pigboy
Herb
Echo (+1?)
Tweek +1
Sorgie
Instigator (+1?)
Crashby
Deyv & Isa (camping outside I believe)
Narlus (?)

Updated: 4-19-06

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
I cracked the fermenter last evening to take a gravity reading (measures progress of fermentation) and had a taste. I think it's safe to say that this is coming north with me.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
BikeGeek said:
I cracked the fermenter last evening to take a gravity reading (measures progress of fermentation) and had a taste. I think it's safe to say that this is coming north with me.

You sir, are a good man! :drool: :thumb: :drool: