Quantcast

Northeast Monkeyfest v4.0: 21-23 July 2006

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
pigboy said:
thank u for all your goat sacrificing. i'll be there by noon on Saturday! Leaving late Saturday night. I don't need a place to sleep, but I will drink all of your beer!
I must confess....it was just a cat with Bugles hot glued to it's head. I'm glad it worked.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
GumbaFish said:
I'm in Rochester now and would be for monkeyfest as well. I'm pretty positive Echo is going but I don't know if he wants to split a ride. I don't have a car rack so carpooling in my car is out of the question. I'll have to get back to you with a pm about more details, as I would need to take off work according to when I would leave and come back from the fest.
right on! anything I can do to help! as I said, if Echo needs a ride I can prolly get my hands on a third tray and we can cram in the Forester:thumb:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I believe....
TreeSaw & Sq-Earl
BikeGeek
McGrp01
wOOdy
Douglas
Berkshire_rider
johnbryanpeters
pigboy
Herb
Echo (+1?)
Tweek
Sorgie
Crashby
Deyv & Isa (camping outback)
Jrogers
BadDNA
TurnerGrl (?) -- Keeping our fingers crossed
brungeman
jozz (camping in the Honda box)
Polandspring88
Splat
Gumbafish (camping in backyard?) -- I know he will get a ride
konabumm?
Mike B. ?
Da Peach?
Squid?

Is this correct?

Updated today 7-10-06 with changes in blue.

Am I forgetting anyone and does anyone know if the ? people are in/out? I want to get the bill all figured out so everyone will know what they're in for when they arrive. ;)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
brungeman said:
right on! anything I can do to help! as I said, if Echo needs a ride I can prolly get my hands on a third tray and we can cram in the Forester:thumb:
Echo, Tweek & the jackalopes generally all carpool together so I am thinking he's covered. Can't hurt to check...just in case ;)

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
TreeSaw said:
Echo, Tweek & the jackalopes generally all carpool together so I am thinking he's covered. Can't hurt to check...just in case ;)
cool! as I said if there is anyone who needs a lift... PM me and we can talk!

what time does everyone usually head up there? is there a ride on Friday?

sorry I am a monkeyfest nOoB!

I will bring my tent if the place is too full I don't mind kickin it on the ground out back. I am getting pretty stoked to ride the KT. Maurice of DirtRag was just telling me about his funny "wrong turn" (got lost on the way there) incedent and didn't have time to ride the majority of the trails but he wants me to let him know. I didn't get the whole story but there was enough eyerolling that to know there was definately more to the story!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
brungeman said:
what time does everyone usually head up there? is there a ride on Friday?
I think Douglas I should be there around noon on Friday. If the Treesaw isn;t up there by then, we can usually be found at Trout River Brewing Company getting warmed up. :thumb: Friday I think is a chill day with maybe a short ride here and there and people rolling in all day. Fri night there will be a night ride for sure that can get a little...shall we say...sloppy? :looney: :rofl:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
McGRP01 said:
I think Douglas I should be there around noon on Friday. If the Treesaw isn;t up there by then, we can usually be found at Trout River Brewing Company getting warmed up. :thumb: Friday I think is a chill day with maybe a short ride here and there and people rolling in all day. Fri night there will be a night ride for sure that can get a little...shall we say...sloppy? :looney: :rofl:
Sounds about right. :thumb: We'll be up there Friday afternoon as well...dropping the little monkey off with my folks and then we're enroute. They live just over the VT border so we'r ehoping for 2-3pm. We'd be up for a short ride if there's interest. We're also up for beer so it could go either way.

As soon as I get a final count on inside/outside I will get everyone a price. I FINALLY got the lease agreement and John (the guy who's renting to us) is going to cut us a deal so it will be less that $20 per night.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
FOOD -- Here comes the big question. What are we doing for food?

Sq-Earl and I were just talking and thinking about food. We're up for eating at the Pub Outback one night (Friday or Saturday) and I am willing to prepare dinner for another night for who ever is interested. Also, I am willing to do blueberry pancakes, sausage or bacon, scrambled eggs, etc. for breakfast if people are interested in that as well. I am not working this summer so it's not a problem for me to do...just let me know.

Dinner menu could look like this: my special homemade mac-n-cheese, sliced bread, garden salad (bring your own beers) (I would assume this would be on Saturday after the ride and I will have it pre-prepared so it just needs to be heated up.)

Breakfast menu: scrambled eggs, blueberry pancakes, sausage &/or bacon

Let me know what you think and I can work up a price for everything. I can assure you it wouldn't be much and I don't mind doing it for everyone.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Brungeman, if you can pick someone up in Rochester, check with gumbafish. We might be able to squeeze him in somewhere, but the more options we have the better.

I have 3 trays on my car right now so I can take 3 bikes and 3 people.

Who's going singlespeed? Currently my bike's still got gears (never took them off after the 24) but if there's gonna be a good number of SS's there I'll switch it. Treesaw, is Sq-earl running the SS?

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
TurnerGrl said:
Well, as of exactly 4:16 PM today, I am now a "maybe." I came home to find a resignation letter from my dog sitter - too far away from her other clients to be profitable. :( So now I'm in a bind for the weekdays and totally out of luck for going away on a weekend at the moment... I will try to find an alternative though, so don't count me out completely just yet!

BTW, if I can still swing it, what's the bike recommendation for the weekend? I ride my RFX 99.9% of the time (even on just normal trail rides) and it is my most comfortable bike, but I don't want to keel over on a lot of climbing or be dragging on the trails and holding the rest of the riders up. I have a Specialized Epic but (A) it hasn't been ridden since last Nov and (B) it can aggravate a nagging shoulder injury by putting me too far over the bars - but it is obviously the more "efficient" bike for a total XC ride. KT veterans, give me your feedback!

And for those confirmed for the the NE Monkeyfest, send positive vibes my way. I'm still hoping to work this out and be there to see/meet y'all.

Jen
Jen - The Epic would be a better choice. Most of the trails are hard-packed and fast. I rode a heavy bike there one year, but didn't enjoy it much as the day grew longer.

4-5 hours on the trail x 2 days on lighter bike = :)
4-5 hours on the trail x 2 days on 42lb bike = :dead:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Echo said:
Who's going singlespeed? Currently my bike's still got gears (never took them off after the 24) but if there's gonna be a good number of SS's there I'll switch it. Treesaw, is Sq-earl running the SS?
I'm bringing mine. :dead: :devil:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Echo said:
Brungeman, if you can pick someone up in Rochester, check with gumbafish. We might be able to squeeze him in somewhere, but the more options we have the better.

I have 3 trays on my car right now so I can take 3 bikes and 3 people.

I don't believe he has much of a choice as his Yeti is broken and the rear triangle is sitting at Barb-C's house waiting for Zombie to bring it to Victor (he's off work this week so it might not be until next week :( )

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
a.) I have a huge tent people should feel free to stay in
b.) I will probably be bringing copious amounts of beer
c.)I'm rather out of bike shape, but I'll try to work on it the next two weeks
d.) refer to points b and c if you look back and see me about to die on the trail :thumb:
e.) I can sleep in my car, or the floor, or a chair, or really anywhere that isn't wet if so required (refer to point b)

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
I'm in for whatever food anyone wants to prepare and I'm not shy about throwing down some dollas for it.

It looks as if I'll have no choice but to rock the SS as well.

Polandspring88 said:
Still trying to convince my parents to go spend a weekend riding bikes with a bunch of drunk adults.
It's not as loony as people are making it out to be - there's some hyperbole. If they want to talk to an adult by phone or whatever, pm me and I'll talk to them.

The commitment i'd be looking for from you is that you're not off sneaking beers...

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
johnbryanpeters said:
It's not as loony as people are making it out to be - there's some hyperbole. If they want to talk to an adult by phone or whatever, pm me and I'll talk to them.

The commitment i'd be looking for from you is that you're not off sneaking beers...
No I would not be off sneaking beers. If anyone objects, and I believe you do, then I have no problem with not having anything. Fine by me.

As of now things are looking like a go.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
johnbryanpeters said:
It's not as loony as people are making it out to be -
Exactly. The last couple I have been too have been very laid back. Sure, there's some beer going down, but it's not like people are out of control. It's more like unwinding, sitting around, sharing ride stories and some laughs. Good times.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
GumbaFish said:
a.) I have a huge tent people should feel free to stay in
b.) I will probably be bringing copious amounts of beer
c.)I'm rather out of bike shape, but I'll try to work on it the next two weeks
d.) refer to points b and c if you look back and see me about to die on the trail :thumb:
e.) I can sleep in my car, or the floor, or a chair, or really anywhere that isn't wet if so required (refer to point b)
I believe there's a bed for you...we had a cancellation ;)

splat

Nam I am
I'm In Burke right Now :)

anything you wannt me to scope out ?

and PollandSpring . I will also vouce for you.

By the way , talking with the woman who runs the village inn ( where we are staying) says that place has triple bunks!! being on hte top of one of those a little drunk could be fun.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
TreeSaw said:
As soon as I get a final count on inside/outside I will get everyone a price. I FINALLY got the lease agreement and John (the guy who's renting to us) is going to cut us a deal so it will be less that $20 per night.
I plan on sleeping outside, if that helps ya....

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
TreeSaw said:
Thanks...there is plenty of space inside too. We've had a couple of cancellations.
Not for nothin' but I think at this stage of the game, if someone said they were in for the house rental, they should pay if they cancel. It's crap to expect everyone else to foot their bill just because they decided to play Darth Bailer.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Echo said:
Not for nothin' but I think at this stage of the game, if someone said they were in for the house rental, they should pay if they cancel. It's crap to expect everyone else to foot their bill just because they decided to play Darth Bailer.
Word. I'm sure some people jumped at the chance for the house based on the expectation that having a certain number of folks brings the price down to a manageable level.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Echo said:

I agree, and I dont think camping outside/using the lodge bathrooms, showers and/or kitchen should be free

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
douglas said:
I agree, and I dont think camping outside/using the lodge bathrooms, showers and/or kitchen should be free
Word, if I crash outside I'll throw in for part of the house...just not as much as somebody who actually has a bed if thats cool.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
jdcamb said:
I can barely afford the gas to VT let alone anything else. I will be camping somewhere. Most likely the campground.
Do you need a site? I reserved a lean-to site at Burke Mountain for Doug and myself before the lodge became an option. I think they are ~ $15 a night. I was going to cancel it, but I can have the name changed on the reservation to yours if you like. :confused:

TurnerGrl

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Metrowest MA
I've been trying to work things out but looks like I am going to have to shoulder the Darth Bailer lash outs and try to make it for next year. Still no dog sitter and now I'm wrestling with a sinus infection that I can't kick. So instead of rocking the KT with y'all, I will probably be anxiously awaiting CT scan results. If my doctor's office will ever call me back... :(

TreeSaw, PM me with what I owe for the house and where I can send you the check.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
BikeGeek said:
Exactly. The last couple I have been too have been very laid back. Sure, there's some beer going down, but it's not like people are out of control. It's more like unwinding, sitting around, sharing ride stories and some laughs. Good times.
I love my beer, but I never really have drank all that much at the monkeyfests (maybe a couple of beers each night). Riding hungover is not my cup o' tea. The only exception to that was our last trip to the pizza brewery when the nitro IPA was too damn smooth.