Quantcast

Northeast swamp ass inducing humidity riding pic dump. [o]

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Some of these are re-gurged pics, but what the hell, eh?

We have had a tremendously wet

and rainy spring, moving into summer this year. Great for the flora,

sucky for riding. Perversely, the air was far, far less humid when rainy. Now? Not so much. This is fine, you know, if you're into that sort of thing.

Rolling along.

My closest riding spot is roughly four miles from home. Not the best trail, but it's still pretty damn good. 10+ miles of fun and twisty singletrack, rolling with little elevation gain. The worst climb involved is on the pavement to and from.

The area trails around me have lots and lots of log rides.

Some bumps here and there.

(nature interlude)

Like a freakin' avalanche of lizard.

I tend to ride solo

much of the time, due to work schedule issues. The now and again group thing is nice.

Remember that short ride to my local trail? Yeah, it can work up a powerful hunger and salt craving on the way home. Though this makes the last hill to home a bit un-fun.

Got to a bit more east coast lift serve.

With the heat and humidity in effect.

Took a little trip up to Killington. More rain. Sloppy riding. Good times at a soggy campground.

(more nature)

It's not as rainy now, but the humidity is becoming brutal. A quick break for a couple weekends.

Depeche Mode show in Boston, followed by much French food the next day - man, it's ever so slightly less hot and humid closer to the coast!

WTBits.

Another spot close by involves a bargain between your lungs and the thick air.

Handle riding it as long as you can, and be rewarded by a dip in cold water.

Another little trip this last weekend for a wedding.

Near Boston again. Getting hooked up with a tour of the Vietnam trails was a good way to blot some of the horrors seen at said wedding from my mind. Think highly inappropriately scant clothing on folks with large amounts of flesh. Sorry, no pics. I know, you all were hoping...

Those last two credit to Circusjunk, aka Splat.

Aaaaaand back home.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
So awesome to see people actually ride MOUNTAIN BIKES instead of the dirt road bikes that have ruined my region's progression towards challenging trail riding.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
So awesome to see people actually ride MOUNTAIN BIKES instead of the dirt road bikes that have ruined my region's progression towards challenging trail riding.
thanks! i'll keep the stoke going, i guess.

About as smooth as things get, around here.

STIL.

Da Bears.