Quantcast

Northend Climbers...Gym Weds?

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Yeah yeah...not biking related and I don't post much anyways ;)

But...I've noticed my local climbing gym is ...well...empty on Wednesday nights and sometimes when bouldering a friend to compare strategies with is nice...and I believe a few of you monkey folks are climbers...yes?

Anywho, Wednesday's from 3:30pm onward for the next few months, I'll be up at Cascade Crags...generally just bouldering...if anyone wants to join, the company would be great...

When I'm on my own, I usually boulder for 2.5 hours...when there's company...who knows? :D

(Tues/Thurs nights are my ride nights for now)

jeepmauler

Monkey
Mar 9, 2004
Lynnwood
You would think there are climbing bbs out there somewhere to net work on.I vowed to never pull plastic as I grew up climbing trad and I'm a grouchy fawk:) Hope you find someone to play with,be carefull.

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
jeepmauler said:
You would think there are climbing bbs out there somewhere to net work on.I vowed to never pull plastic as I grew up climbing trad and I'm a grouchy fawk:) Hope you find someone to play with,be carefull.
True enough :) But my actual "climbing" experience (as in higher than 10 feet off the ground) has been completely outdoors so far. I only "pull plastic" during the work week and generally only bouldering. Good fun though :D I only posted here as I know a couple of the local "monkeys" actually do climb...they're the ones that recommended I go to this gym in the first place :thumb:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i got super strong climbing in the gym. its all about using the gym for training weaknesses and pulling lots of hours. just make sure you warm up very adequately before hand as to avoid injury.

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Jr_Bullit said:
Yeah yeah...not biking related and I don't post much anyways ;)

But...I've noticed my local climbing gym is ...well...empty on Wednesday nights and sometimes when bouldering a friend to compare strategies with is nice...and I believe a few of you monkey folks are climbers...yes?

Anywho, Wednesday's from 3:30pm onward for the next few months, I'll be up at Cascade Crags...generally just bouldering...if anyone wants to join, the company would be great...

When I'm on my own, I usually boulder for 2.5 hours...when there's company...who knows? :D

(Tues/Thurs nights are my ride nights for now)
I would join you except - 3:30 is too early since I don't get off of work until about 6 or so and CC is too far north for me. I guess that doesn't help you huh? Have fun at the gym though.

Dave_Schuldt

Monkey
Jun 13, 2004
Seattle
Try cascadeclimber.com, they have a partners wanted section. The gym can be fun and make you strong. Just a word of warning, I got elbow problems from it and don't do the gym thing any more. I just go to the UW rock.

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Thanks for the tips...I'll check it out :). I like the gym quite a bit, good fun. I'm trying to kind of "train up" while the weather is icky for a couple of fun wintertime trips steve and I have planned. The UW rock is fun, as is Marymoor, but when it's raining out I don't mind a little plastic :D
I stuck my first V1 tonight, and it was a reachy one, so I'm feeling pretty stoked about my mini-training program :thumb:
Okay - no more climbing posts...hehe...promise!