Quantcast

northern california, tahoe 26/27th June

numpty

Chimp
Jun 14, 2005
london, uk
hello all,

I'm from London but heading to San Francisco for work at the end of the month.

I'm planning on riding near Tahoe if I can find an easy way. My current plan is to get shuttles off these guys
http://www.cyclepaths.com/tours/shuttle.html

any recommendations or pointers?

I'm not really a downhiller - just enjoy singletrack with technical challenges. I don't mind riding a few miles if the trip is worth it but if big climbs can be avoided then I will.

How hardcore is Northstar? would it be worth doing an uplift day? I'm planning on bringing my own bike (Cove Hustler - 5" travel trail bike).

cheers

numpty

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
It's probably not a bad idea to have Cyclepaths show you around. Since you'll only be in town for a little bit it will save you issues with trying to figure out trails and shuttles and stuff like that.

Northstar has more than just DH trails. They XC trails there are pretty fun and with a 5" travel bike you would probably have a pretty good time there.

Alot of trails are still snowed in but hopefully that will change by the time you are here. I'd offer to show you around myself but I'll be out of town for a wedding.

HarryCallahan

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
SC mtns
numpty said:
hello all,

I'm from London but heading to San Francisco for work at the end of the month.

I'm planning on riding near Tahoe if I can find an easy way. My current plan is to get shuttles off these guys
http://www.cyclepaths.com/tours/shuttle.html

any recommendations or pointers?

Howdy,

Not sure how long you'll be in the area, but you might also check out the many open space areas just south of San Francisco. Here's a link to the Mid Peninsula Open Space District, otherwise know as Midpen or MROSD:
MROSD I particularly recomend the El Corte Madera and Long Ridge preserves.

Just a thought...

numpty

Chimp
Jun 14, 2005
london, uk
bike is now staying in london. too much of a headache to bring. looks like i'll be surfing that weekend instead!

cheers for the help though.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
numpty said:
bike is now staying in london. too much of a headache to bring. looks like i'll be surfing that weekend instead!

cheers for the help though.
What a wuss!