Quantcast

northern va source for bolts?

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
looking to get a replacement for the bent shock mount bolt on my r9, looks like it's an M8 1.25x 70 socket. went to lowe's & home despot, but no dice.

BAXTER

Monkey
Jun 25, 2005
THE BURG but missing BOSTON
Cory, go to the hardware store behind Hard Times in Springfield. It's a local one (ACE) maybe. They always came thru for me at the auto body shop. I got some graded metric shoulder bolts for this proto rear I had on one of my Rocky's.

Aug 30, 2007
Fairfax Auto Parts, or if you are in Arlington, Cherrydale Hardware. But my first choice would be Fairfax, I have never not matched a bolt at FFX(nor Cherrydale, but I've only tried twice.)

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
mcmaster carr, misumi, msc are all great as far as online places (probably have to buy bulk though)

check local hardware stores, they have a much better hardware selection (not sure what's in your area, but we have ace, true value, etc)

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Cory, go to the hardware store behind Hard Times in Springfield. It's a local one (ACE) maybe. They always came thru for me at the auto body shop. I got some graded metric shoulder bolts for this proto rear I had on one of my Rocky's.
Are you talking about Fischer's (6129 Backlick Rd)? If so, I second this suggestion, they have everything.

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
It's called Fishers, and it's a True Value not Ace. But yeah they've got lots more bolts and such than Home Depot or Lowes. They are one of the old fashioned Hardware stores where the people who work there actually know stuff.

I've went in there, and got parts to make my homemade headset cup press, and got the stuff to make my own bleed kit. I've also got various bolts I've used on bikes.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
for all of those that have not been to fishers recently they have really gone downhill

i know that the homedepot in springfield has a good metric selection

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
big mike i hate to say it but yes i'm recommending homedepot over them. its been in about the past year and a half or so that it has really gone downhill. the store is an absolute mess and they don't carry half of what they use to.

also granger and graybar would have what you need. they are suppliers for companies (i use them for work all the time) and they have all types of screws available to them. the only problem is that they only sell in qty. but they have really good prices.

mtwhore

Chimp
Jun 20, 2006
Harrisonburg
I ordered a bunch of suspension stuff from rocky shortly before throwing in the towel. send me exact dimensions or as close as you can, I may be able to help. Got lots of spare rm stuff

Squeegee

Chimp
Aug 22, 2007
DC Metro area
at least if you buy from McMaster, you could stock up on Tri-Flow or some other useful gadgets (they got more toys Brad Pitt's adopted children) and not waste on the shipping...