Quantcast

Northstar and Downieville 9/10-11

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Ciaran my friend John and I are roadtripping up there for some riding. Northstar Saturday and Downieville Sunday. Hopefully I'll see some familiar faces up there looking to ride. :thumb:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Zark said:
Ciaran my friend John and I are roadtripping up there for some riding. Northstar Saturday and Downieville Sunday. Hopefully I'll see some familiar faces up there looking to ride. :thumb:
I'll be out of town on Saturday but if you've got room, I'd be stoked to ride downieville with you guys. Yuba or d'ville outfitters? Times etc?

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
I haven't locked down times for Sunday. But I figure it'll be Yuba Expeditions around 10-11ish??

John hasn't found anyone to cover his Fri. bartending shift so I haven't locked in reservations yet. Hopefully I'll have that sorted out soon.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
me h8 zark :eviltongu

;)

j/k damn I wish I could make it :( Although I do have Saturday off so if anyone wants to come up to SB for some runs hit me up....

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
kidwoo said:
I'll be out of town on Saturday but if you've got room, I'd be stoked to ride downieville with you guys. Yuba or d'ville outfitters? Times etc?
if there's room I wouldn't mind tagging along for this too. Or I can drive and fit 2-3 bikes.

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
I want to make the reservations soon. I'm thinking 12pm. Who's in? Ciaran and I are for sure. Kidwoo? Dfinn? Let me know ASAP so I can get the reservation in to Yuba.

Noah

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
Zark said:
I want to make the reservations soon. I'm thinking 12pm. Who's in? Ciaran and I are for sure. Kidwoo? Dfinn? Let me know ASAP so I can get the reservation in to Yuba.

Noah
I am in, and I'm pretty sure kidwoo is in but he hasn't returned my call. I don't think it's that big of a deal if someone doesn't show up for a reservation, they are pretty easy going.

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
dfinn said:
yup, packer saddle. Well, you want the DH trail right? First time?
No, been up there a couple times. Just wanted to be sure on the drop off point :)

kidwoo said:
Two What's with ONE time.

drink minimum yo.
I'll be toast after riding northstar all day Saturday. One Downieville will be enough (or too much actually) I'll only have my DH bike up there, so there will be some pushing for me.

:dead: Hopefully my screwed up back will even make it through the weekend. Still hurts from the weekend.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Zark said:
No, been up there a couple times. Just wanted to be sure on the drop off point :)

I'll be toast after riding northstar all day Saturday. One Downieville will be enough (or too much actually) I'll only have my DH bike up there, so there will be some pushing for me.

:dead: Hopefully my screwed up back will even make it through the weekend. Still hurts from the weekend.
Wanna ride my enduro? I haven't sold my norco yet either.......

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
kidwoo said:
Wanna ride my enduro? I haven't sold my norco yet either.......
Thats a possibility. The only problem I'd see is where to safely store my M1 during the ride. Any ideas there?

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
Zark said:
Thats a possibility. The only problem I'd see is where to safely store my M1 during the ride. Any ideas there?
i betcha the guys at yuba will be cool with you keeping it in the store. you can always lock it in my wagon (if I'm driving). D'ville is a pretty safe town though. Is everyone else gonna be on DH bikes. Just wondering which I should bring.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Zark said:
My house if you're coming back through tahoe. Otherwise, like dfinn said, whichever shuttle shop you use. I know dville outfitters would be cool with it because I've done it before.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
dfinn said:
i betcha the guys at yuba will be cool with you keeping it in the store. you can always lock it in my wagon (if I'm driving). D'ville is a pretty safe town though. Is everyone else gonna be on DH bikes. Just wondering which I should bring.
It will be my first time at N* and D-Ville. I am bringing the only full squish I have... cove g-spot. I don't think I'd be doing very well at N* on the .243 hardtail. :dead:

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
kidwoo said:
My house if you're coming back through tahoe. Otherwise, like dfinn said, whichever shuttle shop you use. I know dville outfitters would be cool with it because I've done it before.
Yeah, we won't be going back through Tahoe. Our plans are to crash in Auburn Sunday night after Downieville and drive back to So Cal Monday.

Don't bother bringing your spare bike, I'll tough it out on the big bike. It'd be nice on the pedal sections, but not worth the trouble of you dragging it down and back and me finding a babysitter for the Intense. Thanks for the offer though :)

whoopnar

Monkey
Sep 11, 2004
Chico, CA
A bunch of us from the Chico State Cycling Team will be partying at Packer Saddle Friday and Saturday night. We have the same plans as you, ride N* Sat. and D-ville on Sunday. See you there!

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
That was a great trip, Northstar and Downieville were a blast! Thanks y'all!