Quantcast

Northstar closes in 10 days

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Ouch.

I always try to keep the bike under me if I over shoot. Mostly because I know my knees can only take so much these days.

Of course the case I just took this past weekend from about that high (biiiiig jumps) broke a rim, cracked a crank and split my chainguide.

Your's looks much more expensive.........and painful.

Okay, it's settled table tops only;)

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I started riding DH the summer after I tore my ACL skiing. I would literally have panic attacks at northstar when I thought I was coming down on my bad leg. I'd have to sit down and concentrate on my breathing so my ears would stop ringing etc. It was wierd. I think I know where you're coming from.

If it's any consolation, I just started riding DJs last fall after northstar closed and Yeti gave me directions to the jumps in Auburn. I just kept at it until I was used to approaching lips I couldn't see beyond.......skiing off drops helps that one. If you still have an interest, I know you have the skill.

Strong mental blocks are a bitch though. You're brain decides things without you sometimes. I try talking to it like Homer does. We do fight quite a bit.

Thanks for the stitch pic. That sure put me in the mood to try tailwhips allright. Jeesh.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Originally posted by Damn True
How much would it cost us to rent a crop duster full of rock salt?
Oh hell yeah. You're officially out of the Tahoe basin and you'd only be affecting Lahontan and other future bullsh!t golf community developments planned in Martis Valley. Yeah salt the earth and melt snow in the process!!!!!!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Originally posted by Damn True
Sat on the back patio last night drinking Capt. Morgan and emptied a case of aqua-net hair-spray into the atmosphere. Global warming has it's charm.
I'm ain't no whining hippy ma boy! I was serious. I'd love to salt the crap out of future golf course land. I grew up in florida. I call it the green plague.

Why do you have aquanet? It's a san fran thing right?.....for weekends in the city?

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Originally posted by kidwoo
I'm ain't no whining hippy ma boy! I was serious. I'd love to salt the crap out of future golf course land. I grew up in florida. I call it the green plague.

Why do you have aquanet? It's a san fran thing right?.....for weekends in the city?
I use it to spike my back hair.

Better to have golf courses than mini-malls, but given my druthers Id rather have neither.