Quantcast

Northstar has ruined me

bushwacker

Monkey
Aug 21, 2003
Norcal :/
OK, my XC bike looked lonely yesterday, so I threw it in the truck and went to Annadel.

First off, what the hell is this seat doing poking me in the ass? Who buys 12 inch seatposts? When did I do this?

Second, where did all that plushness go? From 8 inches of travel back to a hardtail with a 5" fork up front. My eyeballs couldn't focus, I couldn't maintain my line. I couldn't get 'loose' on the bike at all. Gah!!

Third, when did I get these tires that appear to be 1/4 inch wide? I was scared to corner anything, even if it was bermed. I was crawling around corners, joggers were passing me on the inside lane on the fireroad I was so slow.

I thought N* was making me better and more aggressive. What it has really done is make me a wuss on my bike that requires some skill to ride. :angry:

It's disturbing, but I'm still loading up and going back to N* tomorrow and Sat. :D
I can foresee winter being a very trying time.

Ronny Grady

Monkey
Oct 20, 2003
I understand your shame.

I have to fight off vaginosis every once in a while and get out on that hard tail!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
bushwacker said:
back to a hardtail .
Ronny Grady said:
I understand your shame.

I have to fight off vaginosis every once in a while and get out on that hard tail!

You people are wierd. Hardtails were the necessary evil between road bikes and mountain bikes. The only thing they're good for is pumping doubles and hopping around on the back wheel.
Let them go. You'll be happier.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
I miss riding annadale, there's some really fun stuff to ride there. I lived down there all last summer and it's where I started riding. Northstar is better and so is living at the lake though.

kidwoo is all about his super plush bikes but switching to a hardtail for a xc/trail/whatever bike has made me a better, faster rider in the 2 months or so that i've had it.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
dfinn said:
I miss riding annadale, there's some really fun stuff to ride there. I lived down there all last summer and it's where I started riding. Northstar is better and so is living at the lake though.

kidwoo is all about his super plush bikes but switching to a hardtail for a xc/trail/whatever bike has made me a better, faster rider in the 2 months or so that i've had it.
That's because I reached the point at which I'm so insanely good that I could gain nothing from a hardtail anymore. I rule so hard that suspension was the only way I could get a bike to keep up with me.

Either that or just the fact that hardtails really hurt my ass on long climbs. I'm sensitve you know.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
i guess that's the other benefit of riding a HT. ever day my ass gets tougher and tougher. my ass is gonna be so jacked by the end of this summer. kick ass.