Quantcast

Northstar race sunday

desmo

Chimp
Apr 26, 2007
Any bay area peeps going to the race. drive up and back on sunday?

Thinking about going up to shoot the race.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
Do you know if there will be trails that are closed all day Sunday for the races? I planned on going this sunday to ride, (not race) do you think it'll be still worth it or will it be a mad house that day? Thanks!

matt12

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Napa, CA
Do you know if there will be trails that are closed all day Sunday for the races? I planned on going this sunday to ride, (not race) do you think it'll be still worth it or will it be a mad house that day? Thanks!
Only the race trails will be closed during the actual race. Last time this included Upper Karpiel (always does), Middle Karpiel, Dogbone/Lower Karpiel for experts, and then Pho Dogg for beginners. You could still ride trails like Sticks and Stones on that side of the mountain as well as Flameout, but you would have to cut across the race course and make sure nobody is coming. You can also ride all the trails on the other side of the mountain like Livewire, Gypsy, Boondocks, etc. This is all assuming they use the same course.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
last dh race for me. i'm done w/ the headaches of it.

sending all the non-pro girls down the beginner course is poop.

i wish i just rode my bike today instead of stressing out about riding faster than other people.

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
last dh race for me. i'm done w/ the headaches of it.

sending all the non-pro girls down the beginner course is poop.

i wish i just rode my bike today instead of stressing out about riding faster than other people.
I missed something......they sent you gals down the beginner course? WTF is that all about? No mid Dog Bone for you gals?

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
I missed something......they sent you gals down the beginner course? WTF is that all about? No mid Dog Bone for you gals?
nope.

really lame. they had it posted all over the place that it was middle dog bone... then the girls get up there and they inform us we'll all be taking speed control.

what they need is to get MORE ladies there to race, not annoy the ones they do have showing up so they don't come back to race.

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
nope.

really lame. they had it posted all over the place that it was middle dog bone... then the girls get up there and they inform us we'll all be taking speed control.

what they need is to get MORE ladies there to race, not annoy the ones they do have showing up so they don't come back to race.
Bummer. I noticed that there were a few girls missing that I usually see up at the start. I agree that more ladies need to race.

If they announced the women's course, I didn't hear it. Probably because I was talking and not paying attention as usual.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
i'm done complaining about it. racing is a pain and can suck the fun out of a day of riding.

i just know better now to just plan on riding the next race weekend instead.