Quantcast

Northstar this weekend...

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
...was freakin epic. Got some snow late Saturday night and it was enough to make everything tacky. First time I had ever ridden with snow on the ground. It was cold in the morning, about 27 degrees, but warmed up a bit. We rolled out Friday morning and rode Friday, Saturday and Sunday. No casualties, either riders or bikes, so it was a good weekend. A few pics. It's hard to stop to take some....

Sticks and Stones

Mini Grom in the parking lot with his old man...was pretty cool.

Kings Beach

At the top Sunday morning:

The rest:

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
we hit it up yesterday, super fun once it warmed up a little bit, we were on vista side of the mountain the whole time, first run was, *gasp* too tacky for me, it felt like both my tires were flat and I couldn't hold speed on anything despite not braking. Couldn't drift at all. Once the trails were burned in slightly though, it sped up and was off the hook.

Also got to ride my new DJ bike for the first time on the jumps on the bottom, all and all, great day.

If you don't mind I'll throw up some pictures once I get em uploaded, but I don't want to threadjack!

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
we hit it up yesterday, super fun once it warmed up a little bit, we were on vista side of the mountain the whole time, first run was, *gasp* too tacky for me, it felt like both my tires were flat and I couldn't hold speed on anything despite not braking. Couldn't drift at all. Once the trails were burned in slightly though, it sped up and was off the hook.

Also got to ride my new DJ bike for the first time on the jumps on the bottom, all and all, great day.

If you don't mind I'll throw up some pictures once I get em uploaded, but I don't want to threadjack!

Yea, no worries. We were the first ones down Gypsy Sunday morning and it was pristine. It was so sweet to roll down a snow covered trail with no tracks.

J

Monkey
Dec 7, 2003
San Luis Obispo, CA
Wow, looks awesome! Last time I rode Northstar with snow was about 4 years ago. It's a sweet change from the dusty blown up conditions.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Should be a fun time either way, got a big group of us going to go cheer/party/heckle and I know a couple others doing the same. Should be a ruckus time! pics on my friends camera, so I gotta wait till he uploads before I can post.

Looks like it should be pristine this next week and a half though, so hopefully it stays like this for nats.