Quantcast

Northstar to open June 29th!!!!!!!

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Seems a little late, but better than nothing. However I liked when they used to open the second weekend in June. I WILL BE THERE THAT FRIDAY & SATURDAY!!!!!!!

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Probably determined the date right after yesterday's snowstorm.

New Snow in the last 48 hours (5am-5am) 17" 22"

renorider40

Monkey
Aug 22, 2005
ya, that what i was thinking, they just got like maybe a foot and a half of new snow. But still june 29th seems a little late. Most of the snow will be melted off long before then, being as we didn't get much this season.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I will have an opinion about snow melt after I reach Packer Saddle. Last year I rode it the first week of June, after stepping over a mile of snowpack.

Mar 27, 2007
LA, CA
GOOD NEWS!
I contacted this lady (Kirstin A. Cattell, 530.543.3132) at N*, and she said the MT will open sooner if the snow melts sooner. Just depends on how fast they can put it all together once the snow melts. She seemed to be very aware that people would come in droves if it opened earlier in the season.

So has anyone gotten clarification on what "permits pending" REALLY means on the paragraph referencing the new "Livewire" trail?

Sounds like they're leaving the door open for a way to back out of either a) building the trail at all, or b) actually installing the water system to keep the dust down.

LiveWire, Northstar Resort’s first signature trail is scheduled to open mid-summer, permits pending, and will maintain an average of six feet in width, feature a grade ranging between 6 and 9 percent, and will be 1.5 miles long. The trail boasts tabletops and large berms throughout the course of the run, and will be the first fully irrigated mountain bike trail at the resort, helping to prevent dust clouds from erupting as riders make their way down.
NorthStar Press Release

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Permits pending: either means they need the excavation permits to move dirt which they probably won't get and then use it as an excuse........... right after moving a county's worth of terra last summer to build a road (and the HUGE permits they bent over backwards to acquire for that endeavor).....

OR.......

Permits pending referring to the two new lifts they want to install which if granted, means they won't be spending jack sh1t for time on bike trails.

Take your pick.

benjaminj

mr. amy
Mar 21, 2007
so. tahoe
benjaminj, why don't subcontract your firm out to dig?
We don't dig, but we do line up permits...
With mid-mountain and the Village projects nstar has become a regular with Lahontan and Placer Co permitting.

And there's no way this snow will be around until June 29, there's been no base this year and the foot or two we just got will melt off pretty quick.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Now that your weekend job as an engineer in the sanitation field is coming to an end, why don't you start "Mr Amy's Trailbuilding Services"? I suppose you know something about designing landscaping and stuff.

marcm

Monkey
Jun 15, 2002
Elk Grove (sacramento)
sick i cant wait should be fun. I hope this new trail happens but i am not going to hold my breath.. This is N* we are talking about.

the star is sick with or without a new trail. If you ask me i think it takes alot more skill to ride N* trails then to ride smooth 6ft wide trails. but hey it would be nice to see something different.

CMAC

Chimp
Apr 27, 2006
Yay Area, CA
if they dont open livewire, i swear to god i will build my own trail. i waited two years for this, and what, now they are gonna be some beezies about it? no, i am going to take action. collectively, we are going to get a ridemonkey jihad, we will then steal a little plow or cat or something, build our own six foot wide tabletop trail hella secret like, then we will keep that **** on the low and ride the **** out of it.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
if they dont open livewire, i swear to god i will build my own trail. i waited two years for this, and what, now they are gonna be some beezies about it? no, i am going to take action. collectively, we are going to get a ridemonkey jihad, we will then steal a little plow or cat or something, build our own six foot wide tabletop trail hella secret like, then we will keep that **** on the low and ride the **** out of it.
Um.....you should do that anyway. You live 3 hours away.