Quantcast

Northstar will be open for mountain biking in 2006!!!!!!!!

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
Brian HCM#1 said:
I just received information from a friend who has connections with N* reps, they did confirm N* WILL be open for biking in 2006:thumb:
i clicked on this so fast because it only read as "Northstar will be open for mountain... "

I thought (or hoped) it would say Northstar will be open for mountain biking this weekend.

oh well.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
sweet, should be my last season riding there. I would be pretty pissed if they decided not to open.

MVRIDER

Monkey
Sep 23, 2003
Mtn. View, Ca.
Brian HCM#1 said:
I just received information from a friend who has connections with N* reps, they did confirm N* WILL be open for biking in 2006:thumb:

So...um...it's not to early for a snow melt cam-sticky...is it?;) :D

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
god dang, don't get my started on the lack of quality pizza out here...and chineese food. friends, family, the ability to afford a house.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
dfinn said:
god dang, don't get my started on the lack of quality pizza out here...and chineese food. friends, family, the ability to afford a house.
Hey, we had a pretty good pizza at Steamer's...heh. No seriously I agree. I lived in the Italian section of Boston for 4 years and had awesome slices and calzoneeeees right down the block. There is good stuff here in SF but the average slice is sub-par in most of the state.

But that ain't enough to go back.

As for Northstar in '06: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Feb 10, 2003
A, A
sanjuro said:
Wouldn't it be funny if they opened the mountain to bikes, but closed the lifts?
you mean like squaw...yea..that would suck..and squaw had that world cup in 01 that would sick as hell to ride.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
Heath Sherratt said:
Laid back? Where? Ever been anywhere outside of California? Like Utah, Idaho, Arizona? That's a litlle more laid back...like a lazy-boy laid back.
Oh, but California is wayyyyy more laid back then New England.
The whole 'no worries' attitude doesn't fly back there.

Back east, you ask someone to help you move at 10am. They show up at 10am.

Here, you ask somoene to help you move at 10am. They
A. Don't show up at all. Call you the next day and say, "dude, how did the move go? sorry i didn't show up yesterday morning... drank wayyyy too much the night before"
or
B. They show up at noon. Ask if you want to go to breakfast first. And then leisurely carry a couple of boxes outside for you before splitting.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
amydalayna said:
Oh, but California is wayyyyy more laid back then New England.
The whole 'no worries' attitude doesn't fly back there.

Back east, you ask someone to help you move at 10am. They show up at 10am.

Here, you ask somoene to help you move at 10am. They
A. Don't show up at all. Call you the next day and say, "dude, how did the move go? sorry i didn't show up yesterday morning... drank wayyyy too much the night before"
or
B. They show up at noon. Ask if you want to go to breakfast first. And then leisurely carry a couple of boxes outside for you before splitting.
A good friend (he still wants his tube back from you) asked me to help move his parents from Fairfield to Shelton. On Labor Day, the day after I attended a wedding. I told him I could not help that morning, but I would help out in the afternoon.

So I call them around 10am, and they are fuming. They started loading the truck at 6am, and they were furious I wasn't there! I still offered to help them, but almost refused my offer.

Anyway, I still show up in Shelton and I realized my friend and I were the only men there under the age of 50! I spend 3 hours helping them unload the truck.

Of course, Matt could show up and demand his sled...

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
sanjuro said:
A good friend (he still wants his tube back from you) asked me to help move his parents from Fairfield to Shelton. On Labor Day, the day after I attended a wedding. I told him I could not help that morning, but I would help out in the afternoon.

So I call them around 10am, and they are fuming. They started loading the truck at 6am, and they were furious I wasn't there! I still offered to help them, but almost refused my offer.

Anyway, I still show up in Shelton and I realized my friend and I were the only men there under the age of 50! I spend 3 hours helping them unload the truck.

Of course, Matt could show up and demand his sled...
Fernando will never get back the tube and Matt will never get back his sled. And that's that.

Here's another East vs. West comparison.

You get married back in New England. It rules. You come home with just a stack of cash.
You get married in California and you're lucky if you get matching NorCal shirts.

So, for any of you thinking of thinking of tieing the knot..... Make friends in New England.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
good to know. I'd be absolutely pissed off to no end if someone dare gave me un-matching NorCal shirts.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
amydalayna said:
Fernando will never get back the tube and Matt will never get back his sled. And that's that.

Here's another East vs. West comparison.

You get married back in New England. It rules. You come home with just a stack of cash.
You get married in California and you're lucky if you get matching NorCal shirts.

So, for any of you thinking of thinking of tieing the knot..... Make friends in New England.
Hold on!!!! We became friends in Ct!!!!!!!!!!! I'll get you a better gift!!!!

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
Heath Sherratt said:
Laid back? Where? Ever been anywhere outside of California? Like Utah, Idaho, Arizona? That's a litlle more laid back...like a lazy-boy laid back.
I spent three years in North Carolina. That was really laid back. Pretty redneck too, you still can't go some places if you are white or black. Since I'm half japanese and half mexican, I had a hard time going anywhere. Still had a great time and the living is nice though.

Hey Heath, you get my pm about that fork?

Javier

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
sanjuro said:
Hold on!!!! We became friends in Ct!!!!!!!!!!! I'll get you a better gift!!!!
you know i only said that to fire you up.
you have to admit that it is funny that your wedding present to mr. amydalayna and myself was matching norcal t-shirts.

by the way.... are you getting a n* pass next year? of sticking with the shop discount thing?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
amydalayna said:
you know i only said that to fire you up.
you have to admit that it is funny that your wedding present to mr. amydalayna and myself was matching norcal t-shirts.

by the way.... are you getting a n* pass next year? of sticking with the shop discount thing?
Probably nay. How much is a pass, $200, $300? I will probably go up 4-5 times, Downieville 7-8 times, and work on the weekends too?