Quantcast

NORTHSTAR!!!!

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Ok, so I'm being over-zealous. Just got home from today's ride, and as any of my trips to Mammoth, this one didn't suck.

Up service road to trail that caught 6%, got to mid-mountain, over to Tryumph, up, up, and more up to the top, where I caught Live Wire down (really fun on a hard tail, BTW), continued to Mine Shaft (they did some great work to remove a tricky rock section, and believe me, it is SO much better), back to van to switch bikes, up service road again, down Mine Shaft again (did it to get a feeling for what will work at the Kamikaze Bike Games in September), load up van, and home. Stopped to pick up some new fish for the aquarium, and a couple lottery tickets, too.

Ah, to be sore and happy...........

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Do they hassle people for uphill riding without a ticket?

I was not questioned. I also know one of the ladies there that has helped me a lot in the past with their Thursday Night series, spoke with her, and yes, I did have to go to the ticket area and get a "non-lift" ticket to be safe. Guess I was being too lazy and didn't bother. Next time, which may be next Wed/Thur, I will get the proper ticket.....