Quantcast

northwood

harorider77

Chimp
Mar 21, 2005
The new stunt is down where the log to teeter, is its right after the small pallet berm. It fits in well and really adds to the flow. also we changed the exit to that log. Now u manual off unto a pallet and straight into the teeter.

harorider77

Chimp
Mar 21, 2005
get on main street and follow main street all the way into highpoint. Go through downtown and take a left on lexington. Follow lexington and go straight through the light at lexington and westchester. Just after the light you'll see see the school. go around to the back of the school to the big circle. Let me know if u wanna ride, but I'll warn you it's not the fastest trail and there are a few real steep climbs. The guys that first built the trail started out as cross country riders. the stunts are no where near as big as salem, but If you ride the whole trail you'll notice that it flows great and the guys that maintain it have done an excellent job of keeping it up.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
oh yeah, nevermind...i know what ur talking about. small, but REALLY well built. we need to take building lessons from chip, he builds quality stuff.

who the heck built that skinny over the fallen trees after the teeter? i've never seen anyone make it.....no run-in with a steep-arse climb up a slick skinny to a 8" wide 90 degree turn. it's not very doable and then it just drops to flat. seems like a waste of good wood to me.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Is one of the drops visible from 52? I was comin through Lexington on the way back from Charlotte today and saw an elevated pallat drop 50 yrds from the highway

harorider77

Chimp
Mar 21, 2005
we didnt actually build that stunt. It was a couple of guys that dont really ride out there anymore. They actually finished it by adding two options on the end. You can either go straight unto a really narrow skinny or go right which leads you unto a 2x6 and manual off. Ive riden it before but that climb up, like u said, is a problem. Chip is actually thinking about building a log ride across the log that the stunt rests on and connecting it to it to get rid of that climb. and for escapeartist, I dont think that was a drop from this trail cause everything is back behind the school and not visible from the road.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
alex...not visible from the road, especially 52....'bout 10miles away. i think the biggest actual drop is only about 4'. the builder describes it as XC freeride. it's a great place to get in a really tech xc trail ride and have some fun on skinny's in the middle. nothing big or scary by any means but def fun.
i think im gonna take my bro-in-law out there today before my sons b-day party.