Quantcast

Norway ride pics (lots)

Trond

Monkey
Oct 22, 2002
Oslo, Norway
a couple of friends of mine run a consulting company called Boondocks and they are currently looking at the expansion of rideable ski-resorts for a project called "Innovation Norway" who's goal is to take tourism a step forward.

U know what that includes, lots of riding at new cool places! Damn them, lucky b*astards :drool:

Near the ski resort of Geilo:

Near the ski resort of Hemsedal:

Near the ski resort of Gol:

Trond

Monkey
Oct 22, 2002
Oslo, Norway
Pics from a few weeks ago. All snow vanished after some warm weeks, so we went out riding trialsy stuff. Man, skills go away quickly! And upper body hurt like hell the day after :p

Marius at a local school.

That would be me

Marius, bunnystuff.

CULLY!

cool sidehop!

ooops

There we go

snow has returned, back to skiing now :)

dr.harmonica

Chimp
Feb 13, 2004
Oslo, Norway
genpowell71 said:
I bet the people are just as cool as the landscape.
Waaaayyyy cooooler!!!! ;-)

Funny though that you guys in the USA want to move here to Norway because of the biking while we here in Norway say that we want to move over the pond because of the same reasons.

Trond

Monkey
Oct 22, 2002
Oslo, Norway
It's the worst winter (aka no snow) in 14-15 years, so we headed south for some trailriding. Great to be back on studfree-tires.

You've seen these trails before ;)

Øyvind

cheeseballpic of myself with new sled

romantony

Chimp
Feb 5, 2005
I'm from the UK and am heading out to Oslo to stay with a friend at the end of march (24th - 28th). Planning to take the bike to check out some of the local trails.

What are the trail conditions likely to be? Any good trails in riding distance from Oslo? Anyone fancy showing me the local highlights? I'm into fairly technical XC: don't mind a long climb if its fun going down.

Dave

Trond

Monkey
Oct 22, 2002
Oslo, Norway
Dave, send me a PM a few weeks before. It's too early to say what sort of conditions there will be. At this winters rate it could be all dry, but if the sky opens there will certainly come a lot of snow. If I am in Oslo during your stay and the trails are good (rideable), I'll give you a little tour of the trails around Oslo :)

-RefleX-

Chimp
Feb 10, 2005
well, my turn to post some pics ;) all pictures are from tracks around my hometown, Kongsvinger in Norway.

Nice stony hill

Ahh, love the tracks and scenery around bæreia (the water)

Here you got tracks going all the way around, and my bike ;)

The lake you see is "sigernessjøen" lots of singletrack there too ;)

My friend Fredrik

Lovely singletrack

It gets kinnda muddy in the wet forest

Me just before touchdown

Lovely tracks

This are only amateur pics, so quality may vary, but hope you'll enjoy :)

Markus, Norway

oxygen_77

Monkey
Sep 20, 2003
Kent, WA
Makes me wish I had my bike when I went to Norway... I'm not sure my wife would've liked it though seeing as how it was our honeymoon and she's not really into biking that much... It was tough enough getting her to go skiing and glacier-climbing...

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
Wow this thread has gotten huge since last year!!

I know there were a couple guys (Kristopher?) snapping tons of photos of me and the other ugly americans Pete and Paul (esp. Pete). I was wondering if those ever got posted somewhere....I haven't seen them here.

Compay

Chimp
Mar 2, 2005
Espen said:
The best things about bicycling in Norway are:

- Traditions for walking/hiking in the woods/mountains-makes trails everywhere.
- EVERYTHING is awailable for all people, by shoes or by wheels. (no motors)
- Norway got many kinds of terrain, a looong narrow country.

If people wants to visit, many experieced bikers up here will give you good advices. Take contact!

E
Hey Espen, Dr. Harmonica, Fire! and Trond,

I'm heading to Norway in late June and I'm trying to plan for about a week in Central Norway. Three of us are hoping to get some biking in and to do some hiking and camping. Any suggestions for places to check out? Do we need to rent a car to get to the more remote natural areas (some possible spots: Vos, Lom, Sogndal, Fjaerland, Aurland)? or would a combination of train, boat and bus work fine? If you can PM me I'd really appreciate it.

Masse

Chimp
Feb 15, 2005
Finland
Hey, does anyone (from Norway) have any info on this year`s Narvik Freeride Festival? Their website is still offline, and I`d need the info pretty soon. I was there in 2002, it was something beyond unbelievable. :love:

Kippers

Chimp
Jul 22, 2005
Trondheim, Norway
I know there were a couple guys (Kristopher?) snapping tons of photos of me and the other ugly americans Pete and Paul (esp. Pete). I was wondering if those ever got posted somewhere....I haven't seen them here.
That would be me, but it is pronounced "Kristoffer", here in Norway :)
Actually, the other day I brushed the dust off the CD's with the pictures from the gathering. Think I shot like 500 pictures or something. Maybe one day I'll get started sorting them and publishing them on the web. In the meantime, here's some pictures from our more recent trips here in Trondheim. I could be really creative with image-texts and everything, but my english is not that advanced..so for now, enjoy!

All photo courtesy goes to me :nope:

DudeB

Chimp
Sep 6, 2003
north, Finland
greetings from Narvik! Man, it was the best!!! Even the weather was like never before..well, we kind of missed the rain though :heart:

only one pic, but worth thousand words :)

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Man that place looks unreal.....I just saved these pics to make the best screensaver ever.

Thanks for sharing! Post some more if you can!

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
I've been in Oslo for like a week and a half now. It's awesome. Too bad no time for riding though...I just got back from Copenhagen though, it's like 7 am. I'm starving.