Quantcast

nose casing dj's

Hacim

Chimp
Aug 12, 2001
Durango, CO
equals no fun and a lot of pain. so i was at this new set of trails yesterday & i was doing pretty good & then took a huge spill and landed on my head. i think that i twisted my knee in the process which sucks. oh well i still had a lot of fun & hopefully i won't be out for too long.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Up in the air, what do you try to do to get your nose down??? Do you look at your landing and push your weight onto the handlebars??

I'm so used to jumping while DH riding (absorb and hit the rear or both wheels) that I can't do that dirt jump technique.

Hacim

Chimp
Aug 12, 2001
Durango, CO
i don't know how to really explain it, but i basically just push down on the bars and shift my weight a little bit. the only way i could tell you how to nose dive is do exactly what you do when you bunny hop except instead of leveling it out you keeping pushing forward.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
Originally posted by Hacim
equals no fun and a lot of pain. so i was at this new set of trails yesterday & i was doing pretty good & then took a huge spill and landed on my head. i think that i twisted my knee in the process which sucks. oh well i still had a lot of fun & hopefully i won't be out for too long.
were you at the ones west and uphill from town.
those are some steep jumps, or were you doing the line one the left as you walk up?

Hacim

Chimp
Aug 12, 2001
Durango, CO
Originally posted by bcd
were you at the ones west and uphill from town.
those are some steep jumps, or were you doing the line one the left as you walk up?
neither... i was riding this new line that my friend built. what pissed me off was the fact that they weren't even that hard, i just came up short on one landing and tried to make the next jump

Ice Bullit

Monkey
Mar 16, 2003
Seattle, WA
I watch my brother do the same thing on his BMX bike, his first attempt at large doubles, not enough speed and wham :eek:, ouch :eek:, boom :eek:, it sucked to be him.He was Ok though, only 14 and when your 14 your bullit proof. :rolleyes:

-Ice Bullit :cool:

Jan 25, 2003
los altos, ca
i cased a jump with my front wheel, i had never learned to jump over the bars so i tried to pull back, that didnt work, i tried to roll but landed straight on my shoulder, broken collarbone.