Quantcast

not a bad week so far

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
This is definitely the most time I've spent on the bike in a week. Granted, it's all been on the trainer, but I'm still spinning the pedals. Hoping to get out for a real ride this weekend.

Attachments

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
jacksonpt said:
This is definitely the most time I've spent on the bike in a week. Granted, it's all been on the trainer, but I'm still spinning the pedals. Hoping to get out for a real ride this weekend.
Nice! I've found that the trainer is hard to get excited about, but it does go by quicker than expected if there's something good on TV in front of you.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
robdamanii said:
Nice! I've found that the trainer is hard to get excited about, but it does go by quicker than expected if there's something good on TV in front of you.
I didn't think I'd like it... but I can't seem to stay off it. I drag along all day at work run down from the previous day's workout. I say I'm going to take the day off (rest day), and get back at it the following day, but I always seem to end up on the trainer after the kids go to bed.

And I know what you mean about the TV thing... I did an hour and a half no problem last night while watching Fight Club. I could have gone longer, but my ass started to get sore/tired.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
jacksonpt said:
I didn't think I'd like it... but I can't seem to stay off it. I drag along all day at work run down from the previous day's workout. I say I'm going to take the day off (rest day), and get back at it the following day, but I always seem to end up on the trainer after the kids go to bed.

And I know what you mean about the TV thing... I did an hour and a half no problem last night while watching Fight Club. I could have gone longer, but my ass started to get sore/tired.
I've actually found that to be my limiting factor as well. My rear gets quite sore from sitting on the saddle after an hour.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
jackson, how do you juggle a 1.5 hr training ride w/ dinner, assuming it's after work. before or after? that's kinda my limiting factor; i'm not home that early enough to eat w/ the wife and kids most days, but i don't want to eat dinner @ 9 either.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
narlus said:
jackson, how do you juggle a 1.5 hr training ride w/ dinner, assuming it's after work. before or after? that's kinda my limiting factor; i'm not home that early enough to eat w/ the wife and kids most days, but i don't want to eat dinner @ 9 either.
I eat dinner with the fam at 6:30 or whenever, kids go to bed about 8:30, I'm on the trainer by 8:45. I have a protein shake afterwards, jump in the shower, check out RM, then climb in bed. Let me tell ya... you'll have new appreciation for your bed after 90 minutes on the trainer.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
nice...I slacked the last 2 days

theres an indoor century planned for Saturday or you could call it a 6 hour spin class

I might go join in for a couple hours

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
jacksonpt said:
I eat dinner with the fam at 6:30 or whenever, kids go to bed about 8:30, I'm on the trainer by 8:45. I have a protein shake afterwards, jump in the shower, check out RM, then climb in bed. Let me tell ya... you'll have new appreciation for your bed after 90 minutes on the trainer.

How can you fall asleep though? My mens league hockey games are at 9:00 or 10:10 pm and after the game it takes me a good two to 2.5 hours to wind myself down.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
MMcG said:
How can you fall asleep though? My mens league hockey games are at 9:00 or 10:10 pm and after the game it takes me a good two to 2.5 hours to wind myself down.
the shower helps, then I read a couple of a N8's threads and it's all I can do to get the computer turned off and climb into bed before I'm asleep. Actually, getting physically relaxed is never a problem for me (never has been either). Sometimes I have a hard time getting my mind to calm down, but getting relaxed after a ride or basketball game or whatever isn't much of a problem for me.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
douglas said:

theres an indoor century planned for Saturday or you could call it a 6 hour spin class

man... :dead: :dead:

I guess all you can do is get there early and get the bike behind the best ass/legs in the group.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
jacksonpt said:
man... :dead: :dead:

I guess all you can do is get there early and get the bike behind the best ass/legs in the group.

yeah, I know some crazy people

this "spin" class is not on a real spin bike, its bring your own bike, & they provide the trainer...but the hot instructor lets me in for free :D

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
douglas said:
yeah, I know some crazy people

this "spin" class is not on a real spin bike, its bring your own bike, & they provide the trainer...but the hot instructor lets me in for free :D
well, the point is the same... bring your bike but get the trainer/spot behind the best butt/legs in the room.

But regardless... for 6 hours, that better be one damn nice butt!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
douglas said:

No offense but that is just retarded. I'd rather go outside and die of exposure on a ride then put 6 hours on a trainer. You could have hot naked chicks juggling bacon there and I'd still rather get hypothermia.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Westy said:
No offense but that is just retarded. I'd rather go outside and die of exposure on a ride then put 6 hours on a trainer. You could have hot naked chicks juggling bacon there and I'd still rather get hypothermia.

I hear ya... I have no plans on doing 6 hours!

I was busting on them the other day, they did a 2 hour spin class Saturday morning while I was outside on a 3 hour mtn bike ride :)

There are trying to get a century a month club thing going...there's also a real century ride planned for Sunday

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
MMcG said:
agreed. when i used to play in the men's league, the games were at 10 or 11, and i'd usually come home and end up watching TV and drink some water and have a beer for at least an hour before i felt ready for bed.

i think the adrenaline level between hockey and riding a trainer's a tad different. ;)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
douglas said:
I hear ya... I have no plans on doing 6 hours!

I was busting on them the other day, they did a 2 hour spin class Saturday morning while I was outside on a 3 hour mtn bike ride :)

There are trying to get a century a month club thing going...there's also a real century ride planned for Sunday

When things warm up in the mountains I hope to be doing my century a week.:dead: