Quantcast

Not Another Moab trip!

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
Here's a Ride Report, short and sweet with pic's.

Three days, 5 dudes, lots of alcohol and hard riding.

Day 1: Porcupine Rim & Bartlett Wash
Day 2: Soveriegn
Day 3: That other trail

RideMonkey Member: MorryJG Stylin the singletrack DH crux

Me ascending on the 888 Nomad.

MorryJG descending the "Chute of Doom", Bartlett Wash.

Descending into the "Super Bowl", Bartlett Wash

Crash (that's his name) coming off of a side trail stunt on Porcupine rim

Another shot of the Super Bowl

From the top of "Chute of Doom"

On the lesser traveled version of Sovereign

Crash

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Man you guys are killing me...sweet pics...must ride the Wash...must ride the Wash...

That pic of you climbing - as steep as it looks?

Where did you stay?

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
OGRipper said:
Man you guys are killing me...sweet pics...must ride the Wash...must ride the Wash...

That pic of you climbing - as steep as it looks?

Where did you stay?
It amazes me the people that don't hit the 'fun' places and ride the regular stuff. When I finally hit the wash a year ago, I was amazed that I hadn't done it before. The guide book has it as (Moderate 4 mile out and back).... ...Do the Wash before or in place of slick rock.

For those that like to make up lines, find every huck from 4 inches to 12 feet, this is the place for you.

Bartlett Wash is a must. Go ride a longer ride for the day, and then come to this place in the late afternoon. Its a playground for bikes... not an epic singletrack ride.

The climb picture is a bit distorted. It isn't as steep as it looks. The dirt road in the background is a small DH section. I happened to find a 2 ft step-up on the climb... this is where MorryJG caught the pic of me. I love pushing a DH bike uphill.

Stay? Well, since we had 5 people, we opted for a condo rental in Spanish Valley (south of town). The Pro's were: More social setting for 5 guys, meals in-house, garage for bike storage and maintenance. The Cons were: out of the main drag.

http://www.moabcondorentals.com/

Most of the motels in moab are okay. If there's only 1 or 2 of you, then its prolly cheaper for the motel route. IF you've never been there, the Down town scene is neat, but not stellar. The few good resturants that are there will have a line on the weekends.

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
If you really want to see a portion of Moab riding from a local perspective, GET A DAY GUIDE from Rim Tours. Buck up the cash, and give them a great tip. They might show you the "REAL" Porcupine DH, complete with the off and on trail stunts with the Pro-lines.

Or go with me....:rolleyes:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Ascentrek said:
If you really want to see a portion of Moab riding from a local perspective, GET A DAY GUIDE from Rim Tours. Buck up the cash, and give them a great tip. They might show you the "REAL" Porcupine DH, complete with the off and on trail stunts with the Pro-lines.

Or go with me....:rolleyes:
Great stuff you guys, thanks. Yeah the Wash is on my list for sure. And I plan to get a guide/join some day trips. I'm travelling with my non-riding girlie and don't want to be solo out there. :hot: :dead:

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
OGRipper said:
Great stuff you guys, thanks. Yeah the Wash is on my list for sure. And I plan to get a guide/join some day trips. I'm travelling with my non-riding girlie and don't want to be solo out there. :hot: :dead:
I coordinated a trip with 2 other dudes from Novato (SF area). I'll be out in Moab for a week in October. My wife will be with, but if you want o meet up, let me know.... and I'll send you dates.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
I might be there in may if i can swing it. I was there last year and I rode Kokopeli/P rim... but this wash place looks interesting. Do any of the companies shuttle it?

How do you all think an stp with krads would do on slickrock and the wash?