Quantcast

not another sunday thread... 08 hotness

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
why do you have 2 vivids?
he's probably from pinkbike or the UK (possibly both). he likely placed the order on the phone and said "I need forks and shocks for my new frame." so they sent him two of each. look for a follow up post with two boxxers.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
nice because i was just looking at the Iron Horse web site and it says it comes with a DHX. But glad to hear it comes with a vivid.
We didn't get standard issue Factory framesets. The frame pictured is a World Cup not a Factory. the only difference really is the black lower and upper links, green IH logo and 'world cup' on the toptube, black paint rather than black anodizing, and the vivid (okay, so that's quite a bit actually). Not sure if they are actually available to buy or if they were set aside for the handful of privateers Iron Horse helps out.

brocelif

Chimp
Oct 28, 2006
Everyone on Ridemonkey seems stoked on the Vivid. Surprisingly, I have a new one for sale on Ebay and nobody seems to care. Weird.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Just so everybody knows...the frame color that made me drool is on the Sunday Expert. Greg got his Saturday and the paint is some sick, sick, SICK silver steel look with a deep clearcoat to it that just looks like liquid mercury. Badass color.

Oh...and Dave your frame is pretty sick! Don't leave it on the side of the trail or you might never find it again. It looks like it's sucking the light out of the room.

CarlE

Monkey
Jan 7, 2008
Long Island, NY
We didn't get standard issue Factory framesets. The frame pictured is a World Cup not a Factory. the only difference really is the black lower and upper links, green IH logo and 'world cup' on the toptube, black paint rather than black anodizing, and the vivid (okay, so that's quite a bit actually). Not sure if they are actually available to buy or if they were set aside for the handful of privateers Iron Horse helps out.
There's two different set of Sunday frames this year. The Factory frames are US made and will come with the DHX while the World Cup frames will be made overseas but come with the Vivid and the lower link needed to run it. The Factory frames will be a limited run and then the rest of the production will be World Cup frames.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Ah, well that explains it then. Though all previous post by people at IH seemed to indicate that no frames were being made in the US and that no frames would be offered other than the factory with the dhx. I take it this is a new decision?

CarlE

Monkey
Jan 7, 2008
Long Island, NY
Ah, well that explains it then. Though all previous post by people at IH seemed to indicate that no frames were being made in the US and that no frames would be offered other than the factory with the dhx. I take it this is a new decision?
Not a new decision, if it were you guys wouldn't be seeing frames for quite some time. From what I remember about this, we had originally planned on just making them overseas but the US factory that we had previously used had left over bare frames so we sent them what they would need to complete them. At the time I don't believe the 08 lower link had been approve yet so we couldn't run the Vivid on these frames, hence the DHX. This is all going back what feels like many months ago so I'm a little shaky on the details but that's the jist of it.