Quantcast

(not bike related)new rear shocks

retrofred

Monkey
Jan 18, 2002
canyon country, Ca.
check out the rear suspension i just hed finished. the shock are made by swayaway and the leaf springs are made by deaver and give me somewhere in the range of 14-16" rear wheel travel. the truck is an 2000 chevy S-10 2wd short bed.

retrofred

Monkey
Jan 18, 2002
canyon country, Ca.
that is the concept of a pre-runner. no pics right now, will be posting some soon. i am getting my new wheels today. also have the rear shock re-valved due being way to stiff.

J

JRB

Brian HCM#1 said:
Not too sound like a dick, but I was thinking the same thing.

Did I sound like a dick??? Didn't mean to. That is how stupid I am. I just learned what a pre-runner is. Here you only need 4wd for the mud and that just gets you into deeper mud. I couldn't imagine why you would do that to a 2wd. Now I know.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
loco-gringo said:
Did I sound like a dick??? Didn't mean to. That is how stupid I am. I just learned what a pre-runner is. Here you only need 4wd for the mud and that just gets you into deeper mud. I couldn't imagine why you would do that to a 2wd. Now I know.
No not at all, well at least no more than normal;)

snutty

Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
Oakland in da house
loco-gringo said:
usally its cost when ppl use a 2wd truck and build it up as a "prerunner" id take a 4wd prerunner voer a 2wd anyday..some ppl argue that theres less to break but a 4wd will out perform a 2wd anyday