Quantcast

not even at the edge of the world...

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
In Pakistan's defense..... It's f*cking Pakistan FFS!
Honestly what do people expect to have happen to foreigners in Pakistan these days!!!!!!
I know that some bike companies have had gloves made there, and knew some people who went to check out the factories. This was several years ago so I'm not sure if that's still the case, but still, people do end up going to areas that are "not good" whether it's for vacation or business.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I know that some bike companies have had gloves made there, and knew some people who went to check out the factories. This was several years ago so I'm not sure if that's still the case, but still, people do end up going to areas that are "not good" whether it's for vacation or business.
Well, as long as they are providing us with cheap, material things, I say "carry on!".

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
a company i used to work for had a manufacturing site there. thankfully i never went, but we did have conference calls. they were nice guys, but apparently the region had infrastructure issues - random black/brown outs.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
a company i used to work for had a manufacturing site there. thankfully i never went, but we did have conference calls. they were nice guys, but apparently the region had infrastructure issues - random black/brown outs.
Oh please, that was dirt-common even in relatively industrialized parts of China.

"Why can't we see the samples today?"
"Factory has no power..."
"So....... why weren't the samples made YESTERDAY before we got here?"

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Oh please, that was dirt-common even in relatively industrialized parts of China.

"Why can't we see the samples today?"
"Factory has no power..."
"So....... why weren't the samples made YESTERDAY before we got here?"
different reasons as to why the power was out tho...