Quantcast

Not exactly news....new Challenger

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
I just saw one up close for the first time the other day.....at the dealer when I was retrieving my stupid piece of sh*t jeep.

Holy crap that car looks cool! They did a really nice job "recapturing" it.

That's all I got.

tunnelvision

Monkey
Oct 25, 2007
car and driver did a article on it awhile back witha huge smokey picture of the car doing a burnout....the problem for me was that only 1 (one) of the rear wheels was spinning I was saddened by this.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I just saw one up close for the first time the other day.....at the dealer when I was retrieving my stupid piece of sh*t jeep.

Holy crap that car looks cool! They did a really nice job "recapturing" it.

That's all I got.
They are also offering it in a limited run lightweight, vin-less, racing only.

The engine is set farther back, no interior and I forget what engines you can get.....one was tested on one of those car shows on the speed channel this past sunday.....it topped out at 170 with a 6 speed transmission.

info......

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i'm sure for the most part, the people that buy that car won't be using it as their daily driver. and if they are, i'm sure then they can afford the gas
the people who would have bought it now can't get an auto loan since their credit's already overextended. all three of the big 3 are going under, mark my words...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
There is a burgundy R/T at the dealer I pass on my way home (on the bus). I checked it out last month and it does look good.

I had a '70 'Cuda and always thought the lines were better on the Plymouth. Just not a fan of the hard crease of the Challenger. A good friend of mine had a '71 440 that was awesome, though.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
how many idiots use full-sized pickups as their daily drivers? a lot.
Yeah but they actually can do work with it and/or their job might necessitate it. The same can't be said for sportcars not to mention I bet there is a larger percentage of sportcars owners involved in high-speed accidents.

My uncle has a big V8 van he drives to work everyday but he's a master carpenter - its required for his job. On the weekends he usually drives his girlfriend's 4cyl Altima.

Last edited:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
I dunno about where you live, but people around here with big-a$$ trucks use them as daily drivers and to pull their 40' travel trailer 3 times a year. :rolleyes:

Oh... they pull their 35' powerboat with 'em 4 times a year too... :D
How is that any better than buying a wasteful sport or luxury car for their daily usage? The percentage of owners that autocross or visit the track more often than someone towing is probably even lower. They'll use the cargo bed a lot more often that than the sportcar will actually be put to work too.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
They're both retarded.

YMMV.
Yeah but sportcars serve no real purpose at all. Its not a real race car where manufacturers are doing RD - its purely a toy for people with extra money. Work vehicles on the other hand are often owned by people who can't afford more than one vehicle.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Yeah but sportcars serve no real purpose at all. Its not a real race car where manufacturers are doing RD - its purely a toy for people with extra money. Work vehicles on the other hand are often owned by people who can't afford more than one vehicle.
Obviously you have never seen our parking lot. There are at least 20 large trucks parked here and nobody moonlights as a contractor (software firm).

One of the guys in support traded his Suburban in on an H2 because it got 15mpg, up fro 9mpg the Burb got.

I would rather see a jackass in a Vette that seats 2 than a jackass (that has no kids even) in a Suburban that seats 12 as a commuter.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I don't really care one way or the other what people buy. That doesn't change the fact that pretty much everyone is retarded. :D

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
There are a lot of new 'Vettes driving around here. I'd take one.

I too like new Camaro. But I'm kinda off impractical cars. S4 wagon for me thank you...