Quantcast

Not quite Patineto, but...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
patineto, let's see the whole ibis...that bike looks interesting.

bs, bonus points for using "malleable" in a thread. :thumb:

kadvang, bonus points for roasting N8 so completely, although it does appear he was heavily sauced.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Just a couple quick things before I head to class:

The bracket will clear the arch even when the fork is bottomed out. Pikes have a real high crown arch.

As for movement of the fork, it would seem to me that the crown of the fork is suspended just the same as the handlebars are...seeing the same amount of movement. There may be some extra vibration from the length of the bracket itself tho.

As for shadows.. we'll see one night this week.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
johnbryanpeters said:
Correct dat.
yup spot on, really no critisism other than when you take a digger and you get a handlebar spin, the light might end up smacking itself to a demise by slapping the frame.
But it's not even worth mentioning really since a light is always going to be in a vulnerable spot anywhere you ride with one on a crash.
Also it might stop the spin of the fork where the light might bust but at least it will save your brake hoses from snapping.
Talk about overthinking..... i'm gonna shut up now.:looney:

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
BurlyShirley said:
As for movement of the fork, it would seem to me that the crown of the fork is suspended just the same as the handlebars are...seeing the same amount of movement. There may be some extra vibration from the length of the bracket itself tho.
you are totally right, i'm the one that messup, actually i was to lazzy to go and check on the pictures and I "asume" you mount it on the arch..

mebad
As for shadows.. we'll see one night this week.
if you even losee something on the floor or a flat surface try this trick (I use it all the time since i'm kind of messy) get anytype of light and place it as paralel to the surface as possible, this way the shadows will become very noticiable and improve you chances of finding the lost part, the same prinsiples apllys to vehicle light, a lot mounted sourse will be exelent to trace terrein iregularityes sice every ondulation, will generate a really sharp edge , bright were the light hits, very dark in the concave shape of the terrain were the light can not reach

so now i have a question for you burly...

are you are a Dude or a Dudette....!?!?

if you are a Dude i will like to shake your hand if you are a dudette i will love you kiss your hand...

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
MMcG said:
:stupid: patineto please do post more photos of that tandem. The thing is crazy cool!:thumb:
I don't want to contaminate Burly'S tread with unrelated information, somewere in the monkey is a tread i made about the tandem, i will look for it and maybe post a link at the most.

now back to regular programing

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
johnbryanpeters said:
His right hand is male and his left is female. He spends a lot of time shaking hands with himself. :)
You got that wrong, JBP.

My right hand is the female. Im not quite sure what my left hand "the stranger" is just yet.

I am a dude, however.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
jdcamb said:
Where did you get the piece of steel? Good idea by the way. I hate extra crap on my bar. Plus being low you prolly get a good light spray. Any shadow problems? Is the light a flood or spot?
I used to do HVAC controls, install work. The piece of metal is just a hanger for low voltage cable that anchors to a wall.

J

JRB

Who cares if it bends??? It took 15 minutes to do, and he has a template to use on heavier metal if it doesn't work. Not really a bad idea, as much as that pains me to say.