Quantcast

not sure if I can post an ad here, but I'll try...

Niall

Chimp
May 16, 2005
Olympia, WA
late 70's steel lugged road frame handbuilt by 'miki' in osaka japan slightly modified to be simply single.
not sure what the size is, but I'm guessing between 58 and 60
I built this bike from scratch to be my commuter at the beginning of the year, starting with a brand-new powder coating.
I also made some rather unique wheels to go with it that seem to be quite bombproof (I haven't needed to true them after 6 months of abuse) if you look closely you can see that the rear-wheel is laced in the '3 leading 3 trailing' pattern on the drive side and radial on the non-drive side. as well as a full radial front.
it is currently sporting a 46/ 20 fixed gearing as I commute up and down one pretty big hill.
the only markings on the bike are the 'shimano 600' cranks, stronglight headset and chainring (there is also a nice sealed cartridge stronglight bottom bracket inside that is very light) and the felt 'F' on the saddle, everything else is unmarked as I prefer to do as little product endoresement as possible (unless I'm getting paid for it)
all components are new (save for the frame) and all are high quality, and in great condition.
bike also comes with nearly new SKS 'race blade' fenders setup to fit and colored to match the bartape

I'm willing to accept offers down to $750 (maybe even a little lower) so give me a call at (360) 753-2408 to see or ride the bike or make an offer. My name is Niall, and I live in west olympia.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
robdamanii said:
Um, wrong forum dude.
dude, it's a road bike, well, sort of ;)

Don't be a forum-nazi.

bluebug32 said:
where's the rest of the bike?

EDIT: You're more of a mt.biker, so just in case... it's a fixie (fixed gear)... meaning that you're always pedaling, slowing your cadence is how you stop the bike. Some cities require you to have a front brake and I would cuz what happens if the chain breaks :eek:

EDIT PS: Nice looking bike!

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
well, I must admit, I know almost nothing about fixies or their chains... don't have the knees for 'em.

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
Since we are loosely on the subject of selling road stuff. I wonder if we should try to get a sticky for sale thread in the road forum. That way it'll be around long enough for roadies to get a look at it unlike the for sale forums.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I second the motion ^

Mostly cuz I never look in the buy-sell and really only buy roadie stuff. I'm not as addicted to my mtb :)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
LordOpie said:
I second the motion ^

Mostly cuz I never look in the buy-sell and really only buy roadie stuff. I'm not as addicted to my mtb :)
I think you should just be able to make your own for sale threads in the Roadie forum. Traffic is slow enough that good threads are not in threat of getting buried and the occurance of a roadie for sale around here is fairly rare.

Of course I have a road bike I want to sell soon so I am looking for a good excuse to generate spam.

Niall

Chimp
May 16, 2005
Olympia, WA
I periodically have road bikes and parts that I need to sell, as well as occaisionally need something to buy for a road bike. I am definately down with having a buy and sell section inside to road bike forum for this purpose because the general buy and sell is dominated by mtn bike stuff, and it is difficult to sift out the occaisional roadie listing.