Quantcast

###Not this crap again monderp GMT###

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello, lovelies. I swam for an hour this morning. Happy to report the coffee I made in my new fancy coffee maker was still hot in its thermal carafe two hours after I made it. It's going to be 101 degrees today and I need to somehow fit 10 miles of running into this day.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Energy is low. I feel like I am growing pale without enough sunlight

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Large child at camp; small child at daycare; will be quiet given how busy today is that is good. Hoping to get by HD today to get a new sheet on ply to make up for my fuckups over the weekend.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
so she did wind up taking that job?
At least for now! Now we're trying to figure out how to send the kid to a school that my wife doesn't work at. Kid is 95% not remaining at wife's old school, as that school is doing (at least for now) a 4 half day schedule, and there is just no way we can make that work with our jobs. Looks like the kid will just be attending the local neighborhood school, which I've been a long time advocate of and she's actually really excited about. Kid is all super stoked about riding her bike to school, so we will be making a test run later today.

Aaaand I've now received the fall tuition bills for *two* college students. :dead:
You know what would help with that? Having a third kid in college.
Sniped. :shakefist:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My old man is in the hospital with a likely prostate cancer diagnosis. He has been dealing with issues for a few months now and went to the ER. A new urologist was blown away that his previous doctor was pursuing any kind of treatment plan that didn't include sending him directly to an oncologist. Nothing like putting cancer on a back burner for 6 months.

Best healthcare in the world...

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
My old man is in the hospital with a likely prostate cancer diagnosis. He has been dealing with issues for a few months now and went to the ER. A new urologist was blown away that his previous doctor was pursuing any kind of treatment plan that didn't include sending him directly to an oncologist. Nothing like putting cancer on a back burner for 6 months.

Biopsy proven, or just lower urinary tract symptoms? BPH is much, much more common than prostate cancer.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I'm burned out. FTS.

fuck. I hope your Dad is ok.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
You know what would help with that? Having a third kid in college.
Soon... :dead:

are they attending in person...or is it from home...

university of phoenix price if from home?
In-person at Montana State (both of them) - so far it looks like one of the middle kid's classes will be remote, but he'll be in Bozeman. Which reminds me - @Montana rider - we should get tacos and beers some time between Aug 13 and Aug 17. :homer:

healthcare will never be equal...
I think a lot of us living in the wealthiest country the world has ever known would settle, at this point, for "not shitty" healthcare for everyone.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Soon... :dead:
@Montana rider - we should get tacos and beers some time between Aug 13 and Aug 17. :homer:
Sounds good, I'm back and forth between Idaho and Covid central* weekly...

While I suspect you "take the highway**" if you do drive the west side backroads going or coming I'd be delighted to float the lazy river with you (and the missus)

Chez shitbox is in Island Park (Mack's Inn ID), and this gal is from last week's float -- haven't seen any babies (yet) this year but they're out as well...

IMG_20200724_191558079_HDR.jpg

* (Gallatin County stats)
1595866343928.png

1595866374003.png

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Sounds good, I'm back and forth between Idaho and Covid central* weekly...

While I suspect you "take the highway**"
We're contemplating taking the Beartooth Hwy on the way *into* town this time... I'll let you know once plans firm up what our schedule will look like. Wouldn't mind floating a lazy river. There any fish in that river? Asking for a friend. :homer:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Can confirm a lazy float in @Montana rider's hood is quite enjoyable.

Related in an "I saw some wildlife" sorta way is this lass who decided the pork sausage my campsite mates decided to chuck in the fire ring was too delicious to pass up...

*I think we're gonna make an offer on the Sprinter pictured here. Is nice.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Wouldn't mind floating a lazy river. There any fish in that river? Asking for a friend. :homer:
TLDR: Yes, plenty, but fly fishing fanatics generally avoid this stretch re: (Mormon) bikini hatch for Box Canyon and the Ranch at Harriman

(See below for salient graf)

Can confirm that Full Trucker and his Very Special Lady Friend™ set the "bar" fairly high with the ice-cold Hendricks -- dogs not included...
IMG_20190730_172401654_HDR.jpg

From Big Springs down to the U.S. Highway 191 bridge at Mack's Inn the Henry' s Fork (i.e. the lazy river float) is a deep swamp-marsh stream of very large pools with a mostly silt-covered bottom. There is gravel underneath the silt, and it shows in some places, but in others the silt is deep enough to be problematic. This is however a cold and productive stretch of the Henry's Fork.

Below Island Park Reservoir begins the one of the most popular stretches of Henry's Fork River. A mile below the tail-water outflow of the reservoir the Buffalo River flows into the Henry's Fork. The junction of these two rivers is the start of Box Canyon, which is famous for its large rainbows that inhabit this section of tumbling water. The fishing here is especially good for anglers looking for an "easier" place to fish. This section is roughly 3 miles long and can be entered most easily by the road turning into Island Park Reservoir just north of Pond's Lodge, then turning off just short of the dam down to the boat launching spot about a half-mile downstream from the dam.
Below Box Canyon the Henry's Fork slows down and widens once it emerges from its narrows on its way through the community of Last Chance. Here the Henry's Fork looks more like a giant spring creek than a river. This seven-mile stretch through Last Chance and Harriman State Park is not only home to an abundance of large wild rainbows but also acclaimed for its prolific hatches.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Biopsy proven, or just lower urinary tract symptoms? BPH is much, much more common than prostate cancer.

Has been unsuccessfully treated for UTIs for the past 6 weeks or so. Nephrostomy and Biopsy today. New urologist was appearantly shocked that one wasn't ordered based on images from February. Yesterday's showed significant growth.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Has been unsuccessfully treated for UTIs for the past 6 weeks or so. Nephrostomy and Biopsy today. New urologist was appearantly shocked that one wasn't ordered based on images from February. Yesterday's showed significant growth.
What images? Prostate MRI? CT? Post them on Dropbox and I'll take a look. Only need the contents of the DICOM folder, not the rest of the crap on those discs.