Quantcast

###Not this crap again monderp GMT###

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
You had to know Brenda, Major sex freak. she traveled everywhere with a full toy box and was very skilled in their various uses. Peter,s error was coming and falling asleep before making her come. never piss that woman off in that manner. She would really take it out on you. I tried to warn him

Oh and the boat? same one that burned and killed those divers at the channel Islands. We were the on board dive masters.
#peter'srevenge

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
You had to know Brenda, Major sex freak. she traveled everywhere with a full toy box and was very skilled in their various uses. Peter,s error was coming and falling asleep before making her come. never piss that woman off in that manner. She would really take it out on you. I tried to warn him

Oh and the boat? same one that burned and killed those divers at the channel Islands. We were the on board dive masters.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Our water has been High and fast. It takes the fish that our available out of my skill level. My brother gets pissed when I lose his tackle. I understand. However half of his tackle is my old stuff. With the water so fast it is hard to retrieve shit....

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
My old man is in the hospital with a likely prostate cancer diagnosis. He has been dealing with issues for a few months now and went to the ER. A new urologist was blown away that his previous doctor was pursuing any kind of treatment plan that didn't include sending him directly to an oncologist. Nothing like putting cancer on a back burner for 6 months.

Best healthcare in the world...
Sorry to hear! Fingers crossed it is not as bad as it sounds. :(

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Email from GG this morning. Someone caught teh cootie on the line it sounds like, so they are taking a break to keep it from spreading around. Which, I mean, good on them and @mtg for doing the right thing to take care of their people, but at the same time, I have *le sad*.
Yes, one person got Covid while on vacation, found out after coming back to work. We immediately made a list of everybody with exposure risk, sent them for testing and then home until results came back. Shutting down bike fulfillment for about a week was sub optimal, but nobody else caught it, so the system worked.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yes, one person got Covid while on vacation, found out after coming back to work. We immediately made a list of everybody with exposure risk, sent them for testing and then home until results came back. Shutting down bike fulfillment for about a week was sub optimal, but nobody else caught it, so the system worked.
the rid egg has cracked.

all kidding aside, smart move. hope your employee recovers and doesn't have symptoms that drag on for months.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Good for you guys. Seriously. Taking care of your people first is the right thing to do. It's just a bike, no matter how rad it might be, after all.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Do tell more. What wasn't good, and what platform would you use instead?
The website itself is just a bit clunky to use, which isn't itself a deal breaker. But there were some minor annoyances that turned into big annoyances because I had to try and connect with a non-existent (or at least non-responsive) customer service team to get resolved.

While general website usability was sub-optimal, the thing that really sucked was this: the owner sent me a discount code to use, but Outdoorsy was running a site-wide discount promotion that was manifested as a discount code. Their system only allows one code to be entered at a time, and there was no way to remove the auto-magically applied site-wide code myself. I tried their chat function multiple times with no success, called them a few times with no success, and when I emailed them it took over 24 hours to get a response, and each response was answered by someone different who basically refused to read the email thread so I had to explain the situation to multiple people, multiple times. Just a massive fail on the part of their customer service team. I finally got someone to call me back, and she was very nice and as helpful as she could be. The did finally resolve the coupon code issue (they had to remove the auto discount and apply the owner-supplied one), but it felt as though she hadn't been given the knowledge or tools to actually help me as she had to put me on hold for a long time and get someone else to help her help me. Again, she was very nice and was able to facilitate getting my issue resolved. But by this point, I'd had enough.

Oh, and even though they FINALLY applied the owner discount code, it was already after my card had been charged. So now they "refunded" me, but it also looks like there's an additional charge in my bank account that is the same amount as my refund, so I don't know what the fuck is going on there. And who even knows if I'll get my security deposit back, I've read horror story Yelp reviews about that as well. And (as if there needs to be an and) the owner of the Sprinter I rented had some other person who wanted to rent it who paid a deposit and then had to cancel (well within the parameters of canceling) and apparently Outdoorsy is being a pain in the ass about getting that whole thing sorted out for them as well.

If I didn't have to contact customer service, the whole ordeal would have been "eh, clunky website with some weirdness, but not so bad I wouldn't use it again." But given their customer experience team is outsourced and shitty, it was overall a terrible experience, will not be using this website again.

doesn't the sprinter belong to someone you know though?
Yeah sorta, he's more a friend of friends. He and I mutually agreed that using Outdoorsy would be smart as a layer of protection for both of us, as they provide accident insurance in case something unforeseen happened like we got trampled by a herd of cows or something.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Bills for shoulder dislocation are starting to come in. $120 for cheap cloth sling that can be purchased for $12 on Amazon. Sure I only have to pay $10 of that but someone is making some serious profit margins.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Bills for shoulder dislocation are starting to come in. $120 for cheap cloth sling that can be purchased for $12 on Amazon. Sure I only have to pay $10 of that but someone is making some serious profit margins.
That was the charged price probably. What was the actual insurance reimbursement to the durable medical goods provider?

/me generates $200-400k in charges for the hospital every month, but they certainly don't collect on all of that

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
That was the charged price probably. What was the actual insurance reimbursement to the durable medical goods provider?

/me generates $200-400k in charges for the hospital every month, but they certainly don't collect on all of that
Bill shows that my insurance already paid $110, I owe the rest. I assume there is a kickback program that returns most of that back to the insurance company at the end of the year.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Bill shows that my insurance already paid $110, I owe the rest. I assume there is a kickback program that returns most of that back to the insurance company at the end of the year.
You sure you parsed that bill correctly? Usually there'll be an adjustment and then the magic true reimbursement.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
You sure you parsed that bill correctly? Usually there'll be an adjustment and then the magic true reimbursement.

I know what you are referring to, but I am not seeing it. And interestingly the bill is coming from a third party, so it looks like UW health system is outsourcing

OK. The $110 is listed as "Paid/Adjusted" I will have to look into my insurance payments to see which it is.