Quantcast

Not to start nasty rumors, but...

Crazy Legs

Chimp
Jul 7, 2004
Greenville
I was at Diablo Freeride Park last week and was told that next year they were no longer going to rent Iron Horse, and were going to Jamis. When I asked why they said the Iron Horse brand was going to Waly-World bikes. No more Sunday, no more nothin'! They did licence Pivoit to use the DW Link, but Pivot was not going to do a DH bike. I might be slow on the uptake, but I had not heard this before. Can anyone confirm or deny these vicious rumors?

DHPeteinSC

Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
In the KY (jelly) E-town
Yeah, so basically I think IH is done. All my stuff will hit e-bay when the season is over.In an e-mail from Carl at IH, he said they would still be offering warranty and replacement parts, so thats some good news at least. All good things must come to an end.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
TO confirm the other half, Diablo will no longer be partnering with IH but with Jamis. I think there is a press release on Decline's website.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
I don't really have any info to add to the Diablo thing, but I can say that I did not license dw-link to Iron Horse after 2009, there is no option there. Pivot is showing a new Enduro class bike at Eurobike (Firebird) and tomorrow there will be a new dw-link licensee named. You can bet that there will be a dw-link DH bike available next season, just not from Iron Horse.

Hope this helps in some way!

Dave

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
They'll be using a modified Ellsworth ICT linkage system.

AKA - a 10 year old linkage that is moderately good, at best.
ICT is not 10 years old and actually rides great....but i guess if youve never riden it, then you wouldnt know.....just go along with someone elses opinion.

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin

Negative 10 points for not having a clue. The system rides great. It's the contstruction and CS that are questionable at best.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I don't really have any info to add to the Diablo thing, but I can say that I did not license dw-link to Iron Horse after 2009, there is no option there. Pivot is showing a new Enduro class bike at Eurobike (Firebird) and tomorrow there will be a new dw-link licensee named. You can bet that there will be a dw-link DH bike available next season, just not from Iron Horse.

Hope this helps in some way!

Dave
Are you going to tell us who Sam Hill is racing for in 2009?

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007

What does the age have to do with it? Have you ever looked into how old the Lawwill, FSR, or VPP designs are?

Last edited:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I want to know what an Enduro Bike is. Does that just mean a 6" travel Pivot or something? Something with more travel and slacker angles than a Mach 5?

davet

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
easy fanboys!!!!

dw's post said 2 things; there will be a DW linked DH bike next season and there will be a new DW licensee announced tomorrow.

It did not say that the DW linked DH bike will be announced tomorrow, and if it were I'd think he would have said that.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
easy fanboys!!!!

dw's post said 2 things; there will be a DW linked DH bike next season and there will be a new DW licensee announced tomorrow.

It did not say that the DW linked DH bike will be announced tomorrow, and if it were I'd think he would have said that.
I think that its a rather logical conclusion that the new licensee that will be announced will be producing the DW dh bike. While it wasn't explicitly stated, Eurobike is the kind of event that an announcement of this magnitude would/should be made.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Count down to new DW link DH bike pictures has started. This is the RM version of the first pictures of Brad and Angelinas babies :)

Who will have the first pictures? I will for sure have my eyes on ET tomorrow.