Quantcast

Nothing can stop the CG!

ocelot

Monkey
Mar 8, 2009
Canadastan
If you didn't know, Cedric Gracia had a bit of a crash during an enduro race a few weeks ago. He tore his femoral artery, he's up and running right now. I'd definitely understand if he announces that he's quitting bikes completely, especially after what happened to him last year!

Here's a helmet cam video of the whole incident. Don't watch if you squirm at the sight of blood.

http://www.zapiks.fr/bloody-cg.html

Last edited:

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Dude, I thought this was an old thread- poor guy!!! He keeps powering through though, what an inspiration!

Capricorn

Monkey
Jan 9, 2010
Cape Town, ZA
htf do you tear your femoral artery? i mean, how many times has that ever happened... not only to tear the darn thing, but tear the skin as well, and nothing else is wrong??

was it an old scar ripped open, or was a surgical wound incurred during the reconstruction of the pelvis he shattered last year? (that was the other side IIRC).

I.van

Monkey
Apr 15, 2007
Australia
That was hard to watch, not because of the blood, but because of how intense that situation was.

How many people survive a rupture to a major artery? Not that many i would guess. I have huge respect for the way CG and his riding companions handled that situation.

tabletop84

Monkey
Nov 12, 2011
htf do you tear your femoral artery? i mean, how many times has that ever happened... not only to tear the darn thing, but tear the skin as well, and nothing else is wrong??

was it an old scar ripped open, or was a surgical wound incurred during the reconstruction of the pelvis he shattered last year? (that was the other side IIRC).
It was just CG-level-bad-luck. It had nothing to do with his crash in val di sole. He somehow managed to cut it with his handlebars or brake levers. It's on the same level as getting struck by lightning multiple times...

demonprec

Monkey
Nov 12, 2004
Whonnock BC Canada
buddy ruptured his on a winter ride in 99 he did not break open the skin thou so it bleed out slower , he did take a big chip out of the bone as well . i just forwarded him the clip and he said too this day he has severe nerve damage in that area .

kudos too CG,s guys they made a hugh difference in saving his life , and get well CG !!

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
That video was horrific, as I rode this weekend, Sat by myself and Sunday with a buddy, I had a few flashes of that video in my head, so scary. I can't wait for my memory to forget that. I need to start carrying more emergency sh1it when I ride.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
That video was horrific, as I rode this weekend, Sat by myself and Sunday with a buddy, I had a few flashes of that video in my head, so scary. I can't wait for my memory to forget that. I need to start carrying more emergency sh1it when I ride.
Considered it too. Please update me when you find a portable trauma unit that will fit in a Camelbak Mule.