Quantcast

Nov. 17/18 - Southridge 16th annual Challenge

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
dang it ultranoob, you should just race the superd on sat. i don't want to get smoked by you again in the dh .:disgust1:
haha! smoked yea right. I crashed hard last race and had to take a dnf. You should look out for Sluck and Lovebunny's faster brother. They've really been thrownin the hammer.

Here's some insider info...

Sluck is riding a demo 9 and has been railing mammoth, murrieta, N*, Bootleg, and tunnel.. I think he's the one to beat.

for superD I know i'm gonna get beat on the climb, so i'm just there to say I did it and survived. I'm gonna have to do it again in feb cuz EdLubba's promised to do one too

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
sorry ultranoob , i guess i got you confused with sluck maybe @ the cal state race .well good luck in the super d !

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
sorry ultranoob , i guess i got you confused with sluck maybe @ the cal state race .well good luck in the super d !

yea, that was Sluck. I was the one who went missing on the second run cuz I jacked my knee. Sluck = Slow and Suck He really needs to change his name cuz he's no longer slow, and he no longer sucks... well maybe just a little

I've already accepted it... The only way I'm not gonna place last on super D is if someone crashes bad and takes their dear sweet time to get up... or has a mechanical...

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
The LA crew will prob come out for this one too. Should be fun seeing that none of us ever competeted in any sort.

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
nah, Ozzer dubbed the last section "20sec of pain", that's the best part cuz you get to scream at pedestrians to GTF outta your way and then pelt them with rocks and gravel as you fly by

schwinnstr8

Monkey
Aug 21, 2002
East Los
I want to try it out. I've always heard good things about Southridge races. But...I'm not to sure on what calss i should be riding. Any suggestions?

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
yup, I concur.... same lines as the pros (most of the time).... although not as fast, but the crashes made for some excellent photos. IT'S SO FREAKIN FUN!!! DO IT!!!!

Ozzer

Monkey
Dec 21, 2003
Life Ends at 619
I want to try it out. I've always heard good things about Southridge races. But...I'm not to sure on what calss i should be riding. Any suggestions?

Race in the ZA class. I will be in that class to try it out.
Hey, do you still have the XVert Carbon fork? Wanna sell it back for today's market value? :) Or I can trade you an older 03 Boxxer for it? If the bushings are shot, nevermind.

schwinnstr8

Monkey
Aug 21, 2002
East Los
Race in the ZA class. I will be in that class to try it out.
Hey, do you still have the XVert Carbon fork? Wanna sell it back for today's market value? :) Or I can trade you an older 03 Boxxer for it? If the bushings are shot, nevermind.
Sorry, my little cousin cracked the fork and taco-ed the wheel at mammoth. See you guys at the races.

Dylan Dean

Monkey
Oct 12, 2007
southern California
i'll be there... no racing for me though... hopefully riding though. waaaaayyy too outta shape to spend money to get 3 min behind the winner (& yes i'm talkin DH! haha)

just tried to run across the street up here... not fun! my ligaments/tendons/etc are sore as hell... hopefully i'll be able to ride! might needs some more PT first! cross my fingers

i'll be at the Nema booth though (most likely drinkin the whole weekend)

THINKING about camping there... not sure yet... got done w/ 4 days/nights camping at Sequoia National Park. fun fun!

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Haha, nice!

I want to shoot downhill, but it's hard because I also really want to race, and hate missing a run... doing both. There needs to be more races I can't do like Jeep King Of The Mountain. :D

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I'll be there. Didn't know if I should race or shoot photos, but being broke I guess I'll shoot. :) Maybe I'll get a good one of Mr. Mom / Bullcrew.

Check my web site the Monday after the race, and as usual I'll post any good wreck photos I get.

[COLOR="Blue"]www.PhotoTurbo.com[/COLOR]
itll be intresting racing on little sleep. :D
Im picking my other brat up in needles (1/2 way point from flagstaff) on sat am then well be there. Im bringing hios bike and gear, hes 12 on saturdat its his bday so i want hin to race if possible.

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Haha, nice!

I want to shoot downhill, but it's hard because I also really want to race, and hate missing a run... doing both. There needs to be more races I can't do like Jeep King Of The Mountain. :D

I'd shoot for ya during your run but I'm not going to be racing Expert this race, still in Sport....my last sport race ever!

Btw, it's official that I'm going now! My new X.O is on the way so I'll be able to shift again.

d_c

Chimp
Apr 13, 2006
sb
does anyone know if by chance Donny marks the XC course on Friday, the day before the race on Saturday?