We need to nail this mofo

Originally posted by Lexx D
HELP!!! SCAM!! Anyone live in Virgina?

Price - $0 USD
Email - gobig511 - Comrad510@aol.com
Location - Monument, Colorado, United States
Phone -
Last updated - 05/10/2004 at 23:11
Description - hey I am actually willing to pay a little money for your help. I was scammed. Tristan Stevenson (that was the name he gave me) decided to trade bikes with me. My super 8 for his karpiel armageddon. I sent my bike to his address, but he never sent his bike! He hasn't returned any of my emails. The address that I sent the bike to was 22017 Manning Square Dulles, VA 20166. If you know this person, please let me know, like I said, I am willing to pay, I just want my bike back. Thanks for your help!
Report Abuse

It upset's(or pisses me off) me when i see stuff like this.:angry:

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
I posted this earlier. i doubt if the guy actually had a karpiel to trade. Shyt like this really get's me. I am not usually a violent person(well sometimes) But when it comes to stealing bikes that people work really hard for i get pissed. I mean this becomes grand larceny, a felony! Is there anyway to take legal action?

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
Originally posted by Shortbus
All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world
So there was only one thing that I could do
Was ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long
YEAH... i just played that song for myself yesterday... love me some jesus built my hotrod \m/

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
HELL yeah! \m/:monkey:\m/

just one fix is still my fav. thought
love that one too... though i think my favorite is still (and will always be) so what... especially the live version. driving to that song is dangerous - i end up going *way* too fast ;)

didja know they're gonna be on tour this year? with *the revolting cocks*!!!

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
Originally posted by kirstin
love that one too... though i think my favorite is still (and will always be) so what... especially the live version. driving to that song is dangerous - i end up going *way* too fast ;)

didja know they're gonna be on tour this year? with *the revolting cocks*!!!

sweet i'm gonna haf to check it out. Although i just came out of a 3.5 hour clutch set this week end at the 9:30 club and STILL can't shake the ringing/headache... i'm getting too old for this stuff :)

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
sweet i'm gonna haf to check it out. Although i just came out of a 3.5 hour clutch set this week end at the 9:30 club and STILL can't shake the ringing/headache... i'm getting too old for this stuff :)
how was that show? a bunch of my friends went...

and no, you are NEVER too old for this sort of thing... never ever. you just have to (gasp) start wearing earplugs ;)

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
I think it was WAY too loud for what the 9:30 club sound system could handle, so it was great but sounded real bad IMO. I mean it would be 10 seconds into each song before i recognized what song they were playing.... They still rocked though, but 3.5 hrs of over-saturated clutch is a lot. I think the sound wasn't mixed in right or something... I liked their show last yr with sixsty watt shaman a lot better. :D

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
while i'm highjacking my own thread, Damien what ever happened to the stunts trail where we built the he-bitch. Have they decided to send that project to the guillotine yet.. :p

Christian -

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
I think it was WAY too loud for what the 9:30 club sound system could handle, so it was great but sounded real bad IMO. I mean it would be 10 seconds into each song before i recognized what song they were playing.... They still rocked though, but 3.5 hrs of over-saturated clutch is a lot. I think the sound wasn't mixed in right or something... I liked their show last yr with sixsty watt shaman a lot better. :D
oh, that sucks... the sound there is usually pretty good too. and 3.5 hours of *any* band might get to be a bit much ;)

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
while i'm highjacking my own thread, Damien what ever happened to the stunts trail where we built the he-bitch. Have they decided to send that project to the guillotine yet.. :p

Christian -
No - to the contrary. IMBA and MORE were really psyched about what they saw after our first build day. Their only suggestion was to rebuild the ladders with dimensional, rough cut cedar so they last longer. Also they're gonna try to get one of IMBA's trail construction experts to come in and show us some techniques on how to properly plane the top of a log for log rides and such. Hopefully this will happen sometime in the coming weeks.

SPUTNECK

Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Raleigh, NC
isn't this mail fraud? are the cops on this?

..just curious:confused:

also.....does anyone think it would be a good thing to post pictures of stolen bikes of Monkeys in the southeast.....along with scammed riders..and all the contact info of the scammers....kinda like an ebay rating system

arsenic

Monkey
May 9, 2004
springfield, va
this is just plain old outright theft. what you need to do Gobig510 is first check out http://www1.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp - they'll get the ball rolling. next thing is to contact the local police department. a knock on the door by one of virginia's finest seems to go a long way with scum bags like that.

i've done quite a bit of online trading with another hobby, and i've heard of quite a few people getting their stuff back by goin thru the ifcc site and calling the local police. also, i forget if it was mentioned, how was shipping done ? if it was thru the usps contact your local postmaster as well. give a shout back if ya need some help. just gotta contact the right people it seems !!

good luck !!
ron