Quantcast

Now I got the David Bowie disease?!?!

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
So, the saga continues. The Saturday after Thanksgiving, I came down with a cold, which knocked me down for almost a week. As I started to recover, I got hit with a sinus infection, which I have read will commonly follow a cold. So, the doctor gives me some antibiotics and tells me to take cold medicine for the symptoms. As the sinus infection begins to clear up, my right ear clogs and starts ringing. Last night, I got hit with two rounds of vertigo, which was enough to send me to bed early. WebMD says I have Labyrinthitis, which commonly follows a cold or infection.

Great, now I'm afraid to drive to work today since head movements are the vertigo trigger, and Doctor Google says the only cure is time, which could take weeks. This hat-trick of piggybacking illnesses sucks. It is the sickest I have been since I broke my neck, and it is miserable. I hope I don't have teh AIDS.

Anyone else ever have the Labyrinthitis? What helps? I'll take voodoo and wives tales.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I've had meniere's disease for the past few years whose symptoms leave me with a very mild case of vertigo most of the time. I try to stay hydrated, avoid salt I have just gotten used to it over time. O

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I was dizzy as a coot for almost a year after a serious head injury. Just kept on keeping on until it slowly subsided. Doctor got all cranked about my riding a jet ski a week after I got out of the hospital...
Probably more just a general objection to jet-skis.