Quantcast

Now it's my turn, Bibs...

bikeguy100k

Monkey
Nov 11, 2001
Seattle, WA
I was down at SST today after a few months away and decided to see how Cory feels! I hit the little trail gap where most people enter and ended up on my head! I landed hard on my right shoulder. My day was done.

Went to the hospital and it's a broken collarbone. Lame@ 6-8 weeks off. As of this moment, my freeriding days are done. :( :( We'll see how I feel in a few weeks. :stosh:

Right now, I'm really bummed....

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Sorry to hear about your bones! Some healing vibes for you. :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Sep 8, 2004
That sucks! Hope you get better ASAP.
Whats up with all the injuries lately? It almost makes me want to stay off the bike just in case.... almost.

-James.

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
yar the trail gap gnarly that sucks hope u get better soon dude. Youll be fine!! You and me will friggen session the trail gap in 10 weeks u will see!!! u will seee!@%!@%

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Ouch! Sorry to hear that, but I know how you feel. I broke my collarbone last November. Heal up.

Oh, btw - welcome to the Broken Clavicle Club.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Gex said:
yar the trail gap gnarly that sucks hope u get better soon dude. Youll be fine!! You and me will friggen session the trail gap in 10 weeks u will see!!! u will seee!@%!@%
Not to diminish Tom's steez-factor, but I think he's talking about that small gap at the flowpark (not near the lot) that you have to start at the top to hit, as it is right where the middle entrance is.

That reminds me...how did you wind up casing that, Tom? I'm guessing you went for some boostage or your rear shock recoiled before you rolled the lip.

Well, I'm heading down there after I post this so I hope to return in one piece.:eek:

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
thesacrifice said:
probably buried his wheel in the little rut on the side of the landing
He shouldn't have...we kind of smoothed that deal out about a month ago. That was sooooooo sketchy when that groove was there. I nearly t-boned the tree (at speed) that separates the straight-shot and the s-curves. I took FULL advantage of my forearm/elbow guards.

Tom, I thought about you big-time on my last run at the stepdown today. I was coming down pretty nose-heavy and was praying the suspension would bail me out (which it did).

It's great to finally be back in the woods again!!!

p.s. - I'll post some pic-a-ma-tures after I rinse off and grub out.:cool:

bikeguy100k

Monkey
Nov 11, 2001
Seattle, WA
DBR X6 RIDER said:
Not to diminish Tom's steez-factor, but I think he's talking about that small gap at the flowpark (not near the lot) that you have to start at the top to hit, as it is right where the middle entrance is.

That reminds me...how did you wind up casing that, Tom? I'm guessing you went for some boostage or your rear shock recoiled before you rolled the lip.

Well, I'm heading down there after I post this so I hope to return in one piece.:eek:
I'm not really sure how it happened. I hit it and felt good, you;'ve seen me hit things. I felt fine in theair, nice and low on the bike. I think I overshot the landing and hit the flat nose heavy and went over the bars somehow. Nobody saw it, but one of the two guys working the trails came to see why there was a bike with no rider. He helped me up and made sure I wasokay. A big thanks to him.

So far, it hurts when I move but I can sleep flat on my back okay. I'm still deciding if I'll keep the Bullit. I'm going to wait until I can pick it up to decide....

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
You'll be back, Tom. You're probably just in shock. I know I am.:(

That was Jeff and Chris that helped you out. They mentioned they saw a ghost-bike and knew right away that something was amiss. Glad they helped you. Speaking of Jeff and Chris, they were awfully busy this weekend putting together yet another new option for everybody. Props to Aaron for test-riding the new stepdown-to-jump prior to the main table down the middle line.

Note - there is nothing wrong with your monitor. I took these in B&W.

Aaron christening the new stepdown:

Bart laying pwnage on the table:

Paul hitting the jump beyond the main table:

Pip on the same jump:

Can't have pics from SST w/o a shot of the stepdown: