Quantcast

Now that HD-DVD is dead....

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
I need to get a Blu-Ray player somewhere. I figure that I might as well get a video game system out of it too so the PS3 is an option. Is anyone using their PS3 for Blu-Ray movies on a decent home theater setup?

Time to sell off my HD-DVD player. :(

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I'm not personally, but I know a bunch of people who have done that, and are very happy with it, including a couple people who are running fairly expensive receivers/speakers and are pretty pick about sound quality.

BTW, I probably wouldn't sell off the HD DVD player. HD DVD prices are going to drop like a stone and you'll be able to buy a lot of existing HD DVDs for little money.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
Good point about the prices of the HD DVD media. But like the media, the price of my player on Craigslist is starting to drop like a stone. I'd like to get as much $ as I can, while I still can. Time to start shopping for a PS3.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Cool, just mentioning you may want to do a price analysis. You may find you'll save more money on HD DVDs than you'll get selling it right now.

That's assuming, of course, that you even want to deal with another player and another media format.

The PS3 looks pretty sweet. I've got my eye on a Wii myself, but don't have much time to play it so I haven't done any serious shopping.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
The PS3 looks pretty sweet. I've got my eye on a Wii myself, but don't have much time to play it so I haven't done any serious shopping.
If the Wii came with Bluray then it'd be much easier. We can but hope. I'd prefer to deal with Nintendo myself, just about the best customer service I've ever experienced. No wonder they're killing it.