Quantcast

Now that is old time Hockey!!!

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Euro hockey sux...I am beer leagueing it now in Germany, and I have never played with a bigger bunch of cherry picking cheap shot artists in my life. And will slash, chop, hook, hold, butt end you all day long, but will never drop em and give you an honest scrap. Not that I endorse fighting in hockey...

splat

Nam I am
JohnE said:
Euro hockey sux...I am beer leagueing it now in Germany, and I have never played with a bigger bunch of cherry picking cheap shot artists in my life. And will slash, chop, hook, hold, butt end you all day long, but will never drop em and give you an honest scrap. Not that I endorse fighting in hockey...
I don't know I have played with my fair share of Cheap shot artists and cherry pickers

qualude

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
The County of Kings
splat said:

I dunno if owned works for that..the goalie was chopping at him like his stick was a machete. I'd be pissed as hell too. Fighting is one thing, and necessary, as far as I am concerned, but using your stick as a weapon? We all know what happens in the NHL when you do that (Marty McSorley)

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Oh sure, cheap shot artists and cherry pickers are common. But here they are rampant, everywhere! It is ridiculous. I got butt ended in the ear hole playing in France, and when I cross checked the guy back and said lets go, shaking my gloves (to drop) he turtled on me, without a punch being thrown. I am standing there with blood pouring from my ear (7 stitches!) and his team is on me, screaming in my face, yet no one will go. Meanwhile he is still laying there, like I shot him...
Can you tell from the video the refs had no idea at all how to handle the brawl?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
They should let players leave the bench when fights break out.

Hockey needs more goons.