Quantcast

Now that its been released - look what I have been working on the past couple months!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
:rofl:

You know that pictures of this phone have been floating around for weeks (months?) now right?

Cool phone, though. What part of the project are you involved with?

Alfred

Monkey
Jul 27, 2006
Am I the only person that doesn't get excited about new phones? I know there is a lot to them, but I still think they are just phones. I resent how hard it is to find one that works on analog towers and doesn't take pictures.

x-vert

Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
2.0mega pixles... about time?

Another gay motorola phone in a different housing. I've owned about every V series motorola phone (including the razrs) that was on the market, thinking that one would be better than the other, but tis all the same ****. The firmware SUCKS, its unbelievably slow... normal at first but after time its slower than idk what.

I'll be staying away from motorola phones till they completely redesign their firmware and get some nicer LCD's. Untill then i'll be sticking w/ my Soney Ercisson K750i. KTHXBYE.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i could give a crap about the actual phone...how about building the necessary infrastructure so dropped calls aren't a constant nuisance?

this was never a problem anywhere i was in europe; can it be that difficult?

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
narlus said:
i could give a crap about the actual phone...how about building the necessary infrastructure so dropped calls aren't a constant nuisance?

Nothing stopping you from moving back there...

cya!

:wave:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
binary visions said:

You know that pictures of this phone have been floating around for weeks (months?) now right?

Cool phone, though. What part of the project are you involved with?

you actually pay attention to spy pics of cell phones

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
narlus said:

Well I don't know about Europe, but agree. I'm with Cingular who has the self-proclaimed title of "fewest dropped calls" and I personally call bullisht! I can't maintain on conversation in my own home for more than 10 minutes w/o losing the connection.

It's not the phone, either. I've had 2 motorolas and nokia which (sorry TH) works better than the motos. What gives? If we cram thousands of sounds into a device the size of a stick of gum and grow human ears on the backs of lab rats, why can't we create a cell phone network that works? ...and why can't we find Osama Bin Laden? ...and why are we still driving vehicles with the internal combustion engine designed at the turn of LAST century?

I just want someone to answer my questions. :nopity:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
N8 said:
Nothing stopping you from moving back there...

cya!

:wave:
you gonna sponsor my work visa?

yeah, nothing stopping me at all.

i'd be up for living in switzerland for a while. you'd rather be in that swamphole called louisiana?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
macko said:
Well I don't know about Europe, but agree. I'm with Cingular who has the self-proclaimed title of "fewest dropped calls" and I personally call bullisht! I can't maintain on conversation in my own home for more than 10 minutes w/o losing the connection.
the boston globe called cingular on that claim, asking them for the stats or backing. they had none; they just made it up.

i think W & cheney must do their marketing as well.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I have the phone with the fewest features I could find at the time and it freaking rocks. It's been washed, dropped, thrown, etc. and it keeps ticking.

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
My cingular plan has dropped a few calls but the weird thing is every so often when I answer my phone I can hear someone else's conversation. What's up with that?

Oh yeah, I also cannot set my phone near my computer screen or my TV without getting this strange interference every half hour. Makes me wonder what's happening to big Jim and the twins when it's in my pocket.

x-vert

Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Bicyclist said:
I have the phone with the fewest features I could find at the time and it freaking rocks. It's been washed, dropped, thrown, etc. and it keeps ticking.
Ticking? wtf I wouldn't want my phone to tick... lol

toughguymagee

Pretty Boi
Jun 1, 2002
crackhouse down the street
narlus said:

Yes. Understand that it is not always the network that drops the call. You have a radio in hand that has to TX/RX just as a network has to. :)

toughguymagee

Pretty Boi
Jun 1, 2002
crackhouse down the street
narlus said:
the boston globe called cingular on that claim, asking them for the stats or backing. they had none; they just made it up.

i think W & cheney must do their marketing as well.
Telephia ran the tests...check out their site and the results. Telephia runs independent tests for all (pretty sure) carriers in the US.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Alfred said:
Am I the only person that doesn't get excited about new phones? I know there is a lot to them, but I still think they are just phones. I resent how hard it is to find one that works on analog towers and doesn't take pictures.
No, I'm with you.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Heidi said:
No, I'm with you.
Agreed. I don't even own a cell phone. I happened to have seen the pictures of this phone because they were published on some tech sites I frequent but... phones. Meh.

It's an electronic leash. When I had a cell phone, it was constantly off or on silent, so I didn't really see the point.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Bullitrider said:
My cingular plan has dropped a few calls but the weird thing is every so often when I answer my phone I can hear someone else's conversation. What's up with that?
dude...you got one of those special NSA phones. is it monogrammed w/ 'GWB'?