Quantcast

Now that it's beginning to dry out...

Del

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Alexandria, VA
Anyone doing anything fun on a bike with the rest of the weekend? I'm dying to break in the Preston, preferrably on a fun trail that isn't at Snowshoe or Wintergreen.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
hey a friend and i are trying to ride wakefeild at about 10 am tomorrow. we will be meeting at the very first parking lot at wakefield. i myself will be on my preston

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
your best bang for your buck is here. i'm hitting it up for a day trip and it's well worth the drive time from DC.

the SUPER EFFICIENT gondola takes 6 minutes from bottom to top and there is a lot of variety to ride... i'll be rocking it out on my heckler this monday.

Del

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Alexandria, VA
Yeah, Diablo looks like a totally amazing place. I would love to go up this holiday weekend but the timing is wrong and I don't have the hundred bucks or so to spare that the trip would probably cost.

matt2991

penishead
Jun 12, 2006
hey whale isn't diablo sorta a long drive for just a daytrip. I heard its like a 5 hour drive.

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
hey whale isn't diablo sorta a long drive for just a daytrip. I heard its like a 5 hour drive.
It would be a pretty long day but it's doable as a daytrip. Diablo is just a little over 4 hours door to door from DC, assuming no traffic issues.

After today they're operating on weekends only from 9am-4pm. Leave DC at 5am and get there right around when the lifts open. Ride, Ride, Ride. Leave Diablo around 5pm and be back in town around 10pm.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
It would be a pretty long day but it's doable as a daytrip. Diablo is just a little over 4 hours door to door from DC, assuming no traffic issues.

After today they're operating on weekends only from 9am-4pm. Leave DC at 5am and get there right around when the lifts open. Ride, Ride, Ride. Leave Diablo around 5pm and be back in town around 10pm.
we left from rockville at 6am and was on the lift by 11am. lapped it out for 2 hours and took a beer (and bike maintenance) break. lapped it out again for 3 hours and then got pretty drunk :cheers: on some beer and aftershock. the lift was signed to close at 6pm so we did 3 more great drunken runs before calling it a day. left diablo a little after 6pm and got back to rockville by 11pm with a few spots of traffic.

it was a perfect day to ride although upper dominion and alpine were closed for the day. bmw to stigmata to dom's denial to the deck drop was one of our favorite runs... :biggrin: