Quantcast

Now this is an awesome Breast Cancer Bike Raffle!!!!!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Check out the Pink Surly 1X1 that Speedgoat.com is raffling off to support the Breast Cancer Fund!!

http://www.speedgoat.com/

ALL of the proceeds from the raffle will go to the Breast Cancer Fund - something that CK should take a look at huh?

I saw this posted over in the DH forum and thought it would be good to cross post it here in the lounge.

I bought two raffle tickets and I'm keeping my fingers crossed! :thumb:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I wonder why everyone jumps all over CK. I bet they've given more money to breast cancer research than everyone on this board combined.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
Echo said:
I wonder why everyone jumps all over CK. I bet they've given more money to breast cancer research than everyone on this board combined.
$1 per headset....i doubt that.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Echo said:
I think it is good what CK did - I just think that they could have donated a little bit more from each sale - but perhaps they are operating on thin margins themselves and the $1 per headset/set of hubs was all that they could do.

Did you have to buy the package for them to donate or could you purchase separate components?

It would be interesting to see how much CK donated through their program vs. how much Speedgoat is able to raise through their raffle.

You've got to admit it is a cool bike and a great raffle.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Echo said:
No kidding. Had they just introduced pink components without any donation people would have still gone mental trying to get them. Instead of asking why King only offered $1 people should be asking why they dropped $100 on a bling headset instead of donating the amount to cancer, if they're so concerned.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
MMcG said:
You've got to admit it is a cool bike and a great raffle.
It is a cool bike and a great raffle and a great cause. I just don't see why it has to be "compared" to CK's deal. It's CHARITY.

Plus, Speedgoat is raffling off ONE FRAME. That they probably either got for free, or at a ridiculous discount. Maybe if THEY really cared, they would be raffling off 100 frames.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Echo said:
It is a cool bike and a great raffle and a great cause. I just don't see why it has to be "compared" to CK's deal. It's CHARITY.

Plus, Speedgoat is raffling off ONE FRAME. That they probably either got for free, or at a ridiculous discount. Maybe if THEY really cared, they would be raffling off 100 frames.
Perhaps I was wrong to compare it to CK's donation program - you are right about that.

Hey it's all good when the money raised might help even one person out with cancer. :thumb:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
splat said:
Cool !! that is a Sharp looking bike !! Not sure if I wouyuld ride but still it looks awesome.

Only one problem I found with this raffle

Type-o or is it too late ?
Pretty sure it's a type-o - you should write and tell them of the wrong date.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
TreeSaw said:
:love: You're SO sweet :D Thanks for the Karma! :thumb:
you are very welcome! It's just my secret way of softening you up so you don't kick my ass to badly at Dalton. ;) :)

Although if you win the SS that'll must make you faster and stronger. :think: :eek: :cool:

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Congrats to all the winners... I think Speedgoat put on a great raffle and they have my business next time I need something online.

...though that pink surly would have had a great home here at my house.