Quantcast

Now this is just funny, and I guess it says somthing about the alcohol abuse here....

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Just got this Email, seems like a waste of time to me. We are the 5th most dangerous city in the country, don't you think the cops could do somthing better with their time than bust college students for drinking? :rolleyes:

"Dear Students:

This letter is to inform you that a Party Patrol, consisting of
officers from the Richmond Police Department Third Precinct, the
VCU Police Department and the Virginia Department of Alcohol
Beverage Control, has been formed. The Party Patrol will patrol
areas of the Fan on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights during
the month of December. The goal of the Party Patrol is to reduce
the disorderly nature of parties that occur in that area.

The Patrol will have the ability to arrest individuals who are
publicly intoxicated, who provide alcohol to minors, or who are
underage drinkers. Additionally, information on the owner of the
residences where the parties are being held will be provided to
neighbors so that warrants can be obtained.

Please remember that you represent VCU in the community and that
you should demonstrate the appropriate behavior, even when off
campus. The University has the right to adjudicate students who
have been convicted of off-campus crimes. The entire Rules and
Procedures, which outlines the expectations and consequences of
student behavior, can be found in the Resource Guide and on line
at http://www.students.vcu.edu/rg/.

We encourage all students to be safe and to use good judgement.

Sincerely,

Reuban B. Rodriguez
Associate Vice Provost and Dean of Students"

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
BigMike said:
We are the 5th most dangerous city in the country, don't you think the cops could do somthing better with their time than bust college students for drinking? :rolleyes:
So you think that the cops should just ignore the problem of under-age drinkers?

I don't know about there, but the colleges here have more than one alcohol-toxic death a year.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Yeah, what a waste of time! Because everyone knows that when college kids get drunk they never fight, break sh*t, disturb the public, or other activities that police should be concerned about... :rolleyes:

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I'm not saying they should'nt care about it, not at all. I'm saying that they already have cops that deal with it, and if they are going to create a taskforce....... why not make it somthing that will benefit society a little more. I know that drunk college kids fight and break sh!t and can disturb the public, but around here, in my experiance, it is not the biggest problem.

Getting mugged while walking home from a school building, getting beaten with a wrench in a SCHOOL BATHROOM, getting jumped walking through Monroe Park on the Monroe Park campus, these are things I think could warrent a little more time than simply someone under 21 throwing back a few beers.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Sounds like the crap they tried when I was at Ithaca. The neighbors got uppity when we had parties, and called the cops under the "good neighbor law" or whatever the hell they called it. Granted, the only one we got busted for was the block party that attracted about 2500 people....

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
BigMike said:
I'm not saying they should'nt care about it, not at all. I'm saying that they already have cops that deal with it, and if they are going to create a taskforce....... why not make it somthing that will benefit society a little more. I know that drunk college kids fight and break sh!t and can disturb the public, but around here, in my experiance, it is not the biggest problem.

Getting mugged while walking home from a school building, getting beaten with a wrench in a SCHOOL BATHROOM, getting jumped walking through Monroe Park on the Monroe Park campus, these are things I think could warrent a little more time than simply someone under 21 throwing back a few beers.
Those are all huge problems that have to be, and likely will be, dealt with in due time. At the same time though, law enforcement has to start somewhere and they, with the help of the community, has chosen to start here. It could be that the law enforcement in the area wants to test this prog out to see if it has any material effect on the other problems you've mentioned...who knows?

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
robdamanii said:
Sounds like the crap they tried when I was at Ithaca. The neighbors got uppity when we had parties, and called the cops under the "good neighbor law" or whatever the hell they called it. Granted, the only one we got busted for was the block party that attracted about 2500 people....
They warned you, those Gay Pride parades can get out of hand, but you and your friends failed to listen.:blah: :) ;)