Now this is just stupid...

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2007/aug07/aug27news2

Puuuhhhhlease.

Kashechkin may start legal fight against UCI

Andrey Kashechkin, who returned a positive reading in an out-of-competition control following this year's Tour de France, is hoping to use the legal system to prevent punishment by the UCI. The defence will be based on the UCI's lack of competence in issuing sanctions for doping and his lawyer, Luc Misson, also said that it's an intrusion in one's private life.

According to Belgian radio station RTBF the case will be filed in the court of Liège, Belgium, if the B-sample also comes back positive. The results are expected this Wednesday.

Kashechkin of Team Astana is fighting against the UCI's regulation of conducting blood and urine samples, and his lawyer added that those "cannot be carried unless one has a mandate from the law. A private organisation like the UCI cannot assume the right to monitor people."

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
A private organisation like the UCI cannot assume the right to monitor people."
"We reserve the right to refuse service."

The UCI isn't saying he can't race. He just can't race in UCI events.

What's additionally funny is that he isn't saying he's innocent, he just doesn't want to be punished. What a 'tard.

Puuuhhhhlease
Agreed.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA

What's additionally funny is that he isn't saying he's innocent, he just doesn't want to be punished. What a 'tard.
If he goes through with this, I'll have lost what respect I had left for him. This is grasping at straws and has no chance of going anywhere. Don't like the rules? Go race somewhere else.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
"We reserve the right to refuse service."

Agreed.
actually he wouldn't be allowed to race in races governed by any governing body b/c they have to abide by the rules of the UCI, whether or not it is a uci race. remember the Tham problem with his local crit series?

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
If he goes through with this, I'll have lost what respect I had left for him. This is grasping at straws and has no chance of going anywhere. Don't like the rules? Go race somewhere else.
I lost respect for him a long time ago... as soon as I saw him/them stomp the field at the Dauphine I was convinced something was fishy. And it was Kash that had me convinced that the team was dirty. If it had just been Vino and Kloden that had destroyed the field that would have been one thing. But Kash was all of a sudden some monster TT guy. I called BS right away.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
I lost respect for him a long time ago... as soon as I saw him/them stomp the field at the Dauphine I was convinced something was fishy. And it was Kash that had me convinced that the team was dirty. If it had just been Vino and Kloden that had destroyed the field that would have been one thing. But Kash was all of a sudden some monster TT guy. I called BS right away.
What do you think is the Jan's taking on this?