Quantcast

nr of tools needed...

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
number of tools needed to switch positions between a X9 shifter and a X0 brake lever? 2,5 inbus, 3 inbus, 4 inbus, 5 inbus, 25 TORX (for the X0 brake lever!!!! )

wtf?????

climbingbubba

Monkey
May 24, 2007
yeah i can only see 2 of them being justifiable to actually do what you say you are trying to do. The one for the brake and the one for the shifter. If your just swapping places then the grip and the stem could be left alone

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
the 2,5 inbus is for the dummy screw for the alternate attachment point of the levers to the housing of the shifter. you have to switch these when you position the shifter to the outside of the bar, otherwise the shifter levers are too close to the grip (at least in my case). 3 inbus for the inner grip clamp, 4 inbus is for the barend plug, 5 inbus for the shifter clamp, and the 25 torx for the brake lever clamp.

stem wouldn't count, as it would be 5 inbus - already in use!

funny thing was, how the tools amounted after i started, i was starting out with 4 and 5 inbus and finished up with half my tool box!

Last edited:

crohnsy

Monkey
Oct 2, 2009
T Bay
do trigger shifters have removable clamps now a days? i havent used them in god knows how long, so that could be why he needs to remove grips
The brake lever has a removeable clamp.

remove brake lever slide shifter over and all done without moving the grip!

So only 3 tools needed