Quantcast

NS Bikes proto DH bike

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Don't know how they go around the horst patent but the bike looks promicing, even if the susp reminds me of fusion whiplash.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
there's a number of non-US companies that have historically made bikes that would infringe on the horst patent who also had US distribution. Having US distro doesn't mean they will have it for sale in the US

edit: Norco and Scott come to mind.

Last edited:

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
is the horst link patent not close to expire?
if i remember correctly a patented idea is only protected for 25 years...

that puts the horst link out of protection 2014 or 15 right?

Last edited:

tabletop84

Monkey
Nov 12, 2011
omg that would mean specialized will make up the craziest marketing-**** evar explaining why they will go back to a single pivot with multiple links.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
omg that would mean specialized will make up the craziest marketing-**** evar explaining why they will go back to a single pivot with multiple links.
Guarantee they're already working on releasing a new patented suspension system that is the next evolution, bigger and better then horst link, that will be new for 2014!!

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
although, in fairness, I think specialized has some of the most dialed bikes out there, and if silly marketing is the most successful way of getting their bikes out there, so be it.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
although, in fairness, I think specialized has some of the most dialed bikes out there, and if silly marketing is the most successful way of getting their bikes out there, so be it.
By dialed you mean the ones that need special fork bumpers for some forks not to destroy the frame, fork bumpers than in 1st gen don't work and the fork destroys your frame, hub caps not fitting the frame, shocks not fitting the frame, even from the company that supplies the WC team with shocks. Yeah dialed ;)

Tomasis

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Scotland
lets see if dartmoor can do it too :D

any price indication for NS bike frame? I suppose it will be out in the end of the year ?

norbar

Jun 7, 2007

any price indication for NS bike frame? I suppose it will be out in the end of the year ?
Dart is doing something closer to the big hit. Not sure if that's the right thing but that works better with their image.

blindboxx2334

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2013
Wets Coast

their soda frames arent badly priced by any means, so im assuming this frame wont be too badly priced.. although its safe to say it will be more than either of the soda frames..

Last edited:

tacubaya

Monkey
Dec 19, 2009
Mexico City
Specialized has the resources to produce top notch frames (and some of them are), too bad they decide to use proprietary shocks (Brain, Mini Brain, Futureshock, clevis shocks, TRIADs, old X-Fusion RC/RLA etc).

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
Don't you need "special" shocks to compensate suspension system disadvantages? :nerd:

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Lets get this thread back on track: that NS looks like a Trek Session!

Sonic Reducer

Monkey
Mar 19, 2006
seattle worshington
By dialed you mean the ones that need special fork bumpers for some forks not to destroy the frame, fork bumpers than in 1st gen don't work and the fork destroys your frame, hub caps not fitting the frame, shocks not fitting the frame, even from the company that supplies the WC team with shocks. Yeah dialed ;)
you ever ridden some of the current specialized's? say a demo 8 II or an SX? or an enduro, or a stumpjumper? specialized makes some damn nice bikes and no amount of snide nitpicking will change that.